Google 1m data downloader

LOVEENAJYOTHI

"&" operator to concatenate strings in Excel
In Microsoft Excel, "&" operator is another way to concatenate cells. This method come in very handy in many scenarios because typing the ampersand sign (&) is much quicker than typing the word "concatenate" :)

Similarly to the CONCATENATE function, you can use "&" in Excel to combine different text strings, cell values and results returned by other functions.

Excel "&" formula examples
To see the concatenation operator in action, let's :

Concatenate the values in A1 and B1:
=A1&B1

Concatenate the values in A1 and B1 separated with a space:
=A1&" "&B1

Concatenate the values in A1, B1 and a text string:
=A1 & B1 & " completed"

Concatenate a string and the result of the TEXT / TODAY function:
="Today is " & TEXT(TODAY(), "dd-mmm-yy")

As demonstrated in the screenshot below, the CONCATENATE function and "&" operator return identical results:

But ,thats not what u need to ask , what u need is to generate a .abb file from Amibroker Batch Action window for importing one or two tickers and then tweak that .abb file using the aforesaid "&" operator in Excel to add remaining tickers and then convert it back to .abb file and then write a batch script to execute .abb as soon as Pydownloader finished its job.
Its all one time task and after that its one click job.

Edit: Sorry i use PyDowloader , hence the name, but it will work for any Folder full of downloaded tickers from any utility.
Update:
Instead of Excel, it is better to use Windows Command Prompt or any free utility to merge all the .text files into a huge one single .txt file and then execute .abb to import into Amibroker.
Please Note: Amibroker Batch process feature is available only in 6.20 (or 6.17Beta + ) or later versions

Update:
Instead of Excel, it is better to use Windows Command Prompt or any free utility to merge all the .text files into a huge one single .txt file and then execute .abb to import into Amibroker.
Please Note: Amibroker Batch process feature is available only in 6.20 (or 6.17Beta + ) or later versions
Please explain a bit about it, merging of .txt files
Thanks

LOVEENAJYOTHI

Before I lay my hands on this website, I want to know
Is merging of txt files is something like this

Suppose I have 5 txt files contg NF IEOD data, each 1 day data
then will I get these 5 days data into a single txt file and that too in order of dates, after merging of these txt files,

Please clarify.
1. Yes, wl b merged into a single, CONGESTED txt/csv file (similarly u can split a large, CONGESTED txt/csv file into multiple txt/csv files too).
2. No, not datewise but filewise.
U may have to tweak it further to make it datewise which is UnNECESSARY if u r importing that large single txt/csv file into Amibroker bcuz names n dates n times wl b taken care of by the Amibroker itself while importing if u use right format.

1. Yes, wl b merged into a single, CONGESTED txt/csv file (similarly u can split a large, CONGESTED txt/csv file into multiple txt/csv files too).
2. No, not datewise but filewise.
U may have to tweak it further to make it datewise which is UnNECESSARY if u r importing that large single txt/csv file into Amibroker bcuz names n dates n times wl b taken care of by the Amibroker itself while importing if u use right format.
Thanks for details
Thats very useful indeed. :)