GOOD PROFIT: Hedged nifty positions with straddle...

how do you find this strategy....

• Total voters

metushar

Hi Linkon, previously you were taking stop losses higher as nifty moved higher and then reversing from tht stop loss, do you still use tht strategy to milk the nifty, tht was becoming very tiresome i guess, lots of trades were happening one after the other....

linkon7

Hi Linkon, previously you were taking stop losses higher as nifty moved higher and then reversing from tht stop loss, do you still use tht strategy to milk the nifty, tht was becoming very tiresome i guess, lots of trades were happening one after the other....
Yup, That's the way i love playing. This stratagy still remains my favorite cash cow. Its a strategy i can always depend on.

I exited b'cos i needed the cash for personal reason. otherwise i would've already made about 15 K... by now...!

linkon7

Dear Linkon,
Thanks for your great posts for option tradings .Can you elaborate when & which strategies use for sideway market,uptrend market and downtrend market.Give some detailed ans with examples.It will very help full us.
My advise, read a book on options. Its too vast a subject and knowledge on this can fetch you very good returns. Its like learning the 7 note to make music. Permutation and combination can minimise risk and provide great rewards.

lazytrader

linkon7

Linkon, if you need to get data from ODIN to ami then you can use the ChartsData software which extracts data from your market watch in ODIN. Updates are every 2sec don't know how long ami takes to read and display it.

http://www.traderji.com/software/24...ker-metastock-fcharts-excel-txt-backfill.html
I have been using this SW for the past 1 month.... and it does a fine job....
the refresh from odin is 1 sec....So the data transfer is hardly 2-3 sec delayed...

heeemz

Status as of 27/07

Nifty Options
Sold 4500 PE at 185, Current value stands at 151
Sold 4500 PE at 202, Current value stands at 232
===================================
Current Status (P/L) = +4

Nifty Future
No new action taken, continuing to hold 2 lots of NF bought at 4510, Current value stands at 4576. I will reverse the position if it trades below 4500; else I will continue to hold it.
Status as of 28/07

Nifty Options
Sold 4500 PE at 185, Current value stands at 143
Sold 4500 PE at 202, Current value stands at 220
Current Status (P/L) = +24

Nifty Future
No new action taken, continuing to hold 2 lots of NF bought at 4510, Current value stands at 4565. I will reverse the position if it trades below 4500; else I will continue to hold it.

heeemz

Status as of 28/07

Nifty Options
Sold 4500 PE at 185, Current value stands at 143
Sold 4500 PE at 202, Current value stands at 220
Current Status (P/L) = +24

Nifty Future
No new action taken, continuing to hold 2 lots of NF bought at 4510, Current value stands at 4565. I will reverse the position if it trades below 4500; else I will continue to hold it.
Status as of 29/07

Nifty Options
Sold 4500 PE at 185, Current value stands at 167
Sold 4500 PE at 202, Current value stands at 189
Current Status P/L (Not Booked) = +3100 (Rs.)

Nifty Future
Reversed positions around 7 times due to see saw around 4500 levels and finally back to holding 2 lots, Current value stands at 4512. I will reverse the position if it trades below 4500; else I will continue to hold it. Net P/L booked so far due to reversal = - 5200 (Rs.), Includes brokerage and taxes...

Last edited:

Xaero

What is the difference between excersice between Nifty and stock options?

findvikas

Here's a simple guide for those who want to learn about options strategies:
http://rapidshare.com/files/261681248/The_Equity_Options_S.PDF.html
Thanks for sharing but it seem the uploader has removed it... can you share that with me or atleast the name of the book so that I can search it on RS once again... also if you would like me to publish it on my premium RS account... then please do let me know :thumb:

EDIT: Nevermind... looks like I found it :) here ---> http://www.optionseducation.org/resources/literature/files/equity_options_strategy_guide.pdf

Last edited: