Good picks (date 29th oct 05)

value_profits said:
Hi Agilent,

Todays outlook:

market i see can open with a positive gap and there is a chance of technical recovery but still downtrend will be felt in the later part of the day........

so lets see what happens

All the best
Hi Value
Will revert on yr other comments later, but cant help pointing out that lots of us (including the famed Udayan of CNBC) use the term 'gap' incorrectly (i.e colloquially). This has implication in interpretation of trend signals

In TA parlance , if u expect an up gap today, the market will need to open above yesterday's high i.e. 9387, and not merely above yesterday's close of 8929.

Link will help in figuring out (not that this is rocket science .. but still..) OHLC figures indicated below chart, for ease of reference.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5EBSESN&t=5d&l=on&z=l&q=l&c=

AGILENT;)

value_profits said:
Option Call:

Buy nifty call strike price 2750 CMP 71.75 ( Buy 10 Lots)

Buy nifty Put strike price 2630 CMP 129 (buy 5 lots)

Hold for 3 days
Dear all,

From here the level for me is getting a bit tough so if any one holding this call of mine.....PLEASE......sell this call at current rate....

Nifty Put strike price 2630 CMP 30 SELL

NIFTY Call strike price 2750 CMP 190 SELL

value_profits said:
Dear all,

From here the level for me is getting a bit tough so if any one holding this call of mine.....PLEASE......sell this call at current rate....

Nifty Put strike price 2630 CMP 30 SELL

NIFTY Call strike price 2750 CMP 190 SELL
Call closed total profit : 68750

Last edited:
Dear all,

I would like to know what average you all place on the calls given on this thread. I will be happy to know the feedback......

Only then I will be able to decide what should be done to improve the rate of success more to a good level......

Please do advice and do give your valuable feedback.

If some body have made any profit through the calls I have given I will be happy to know.

Thanks
Value_profits

value_profits said:
Dear all,

I would like to know what average you all place on the calls given on this thread. I will be happy to know the feedback......

Only then I will be able to decide what should be done to improve the rate of success more to a good level......

Please do advice and do give your valuable feedback.

If some body have made any profit through the calls I have given I will be happy to know.

Thanks
Value_profits
gud show man keep it up the gud job u doing.

regards,
Ranjit

Hi value_profits,

thank you for the great calls I was able to earn a decent profit in this untamed market.

keep posting good calls we all need such help from all the good ivestors like you on this thread after all the losses we took in this market in recent days.

once again Thanks a Lot
Rahul

narayan78

hi value trades,

any feed back about ur last nifty call + put !

thank u,
narayan,

Hi Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

good to see you working hard this is an interesting article I found in a recent newspaper You can go through it :

Trader's Corner (Hindu newspaper cutting)

Novice traders would have come across the term `scalping' when two seniors are discussing their trading strategies. Though the term scalping conjures up images of a barber's razor or to the more imaginative mind, traders tearing off their hair in frenzy, scalping happens to be a perfectly civilised trading style. It is quite common among the professional traders who move in and out of trades with surgical precision.

What sets scalping apart from rest of the trading styles like day trading, swing trading etc. is the deftness with which profits are booked, even if the move is very small. The reduction in trading range is usually compensated by increasing the quantity per trade. Traditional scalpers trade in large volumes. Traders who do not wish to increase the risk per trade, scalp in smaller quantities too.

Scalping is done with a view that booking profits quickly and consistently, though with smaller spreads eventually results in a sizeable profit in the end. Of course, money management is the corner stone of this style. Tight rein needs to be kept on losses. A profit when seen is booked instantly. This prevents profitable trades from turning in to losses. Since scalping trades are never carried forward to the next day, the risk is limited. It is suitable for traders who like to have a good night's sleep, unencumbered by worries regarding their carry forward positions.

Scalping trades can be initiated in the same way as swing trades are. They can be news based or they can be based on technical analysis. News based trades are initiated as soon as the news relevant to the company is announced in order to take advantage of the move that occurs in the minutes following the announcement.

Similarly, buy signals generated by technical analysis like breakouts from consolidation patterns, buy signal in oscillators, trend line break-out etc. in inter day charts can be good triggers for initiating scalping trades.

Self-belief and confidence can stem only from a positive frame of mind. Since scalping needs split-second decision making and execution, a minor hesitation can prove to be very costly. It would be better a take a break on days when you are feeling low or not quite up to it rather than indulge in scalping trades. It is generally believed that scalpers keep their eyes glued on the ticker all through the trading session. This is not true. One or two trades during the day should suffice for most traders. Scalping is also the apt style in markets that are trending sideways with no clear direction.