Good charting package ( Tradestion8.5, Amibroker, metastock etc )

I am currently in USA using Tradestation 8.5 day trading e-mini Russell / S& P futures. I am planning to visit India for 2 yrs ( family reasons ) and would also like to day trade indian nifty futures / or single stock futures during day time in india and continue trading US market during evening/night time from india.

I have programming skills and frequently write code to backtest my signals. My mom has trade tiger ( share khan ) but I am looking for something more professional charting e.g. cannot open 2 chart windows simultaneously, need to view multiple time charts , need historical intraday charts etc..

1) Can tradestation 8.5 be used to chart indian market data ( how do I connect india market data to tradestation ?
I have tradestation2000i too , can you tell me intraday data provider for it.
2) or for indian market should I buy Amibroker Ultimate Pack Pro for $409 ? or just Professional Edition $ 279 be ok.
3) what is the monthly cost to feed real time data to amibroker ?
4) I am confused as to which charting tool to use, cost + features both are important.
Thanks,

Last edited:

columbus

My mom has trade tiger ( share khan ) but I am looking for something more professional charting e.g. cannot open 2 chart windows simultaneously, need to view multiple time charts , need historical intraday charts etc..
You can open upto 8 charting windows by pressing ctrl key on.

Though historical intraday charts may not be available but charts of last
few years is available ,which is more than sufficient.

Thanks I was able to open multiple windows on trade tiger ( share khan )

How do I get pointer tracking to global?
e.g. I put my mouse ( cursor/arrow ) on one candle in one window how do i see same time candle in other open charts. This way its easy to see 2 or more charts behaviour candle by candle.

Thanks,

I am currently in USA using Tradestation 8.5 day trading e-mini Russell / S& P futures. I am planning to visit India for 2 yrs ( family reasons ) and would also like to day trade indian nifty futures / or single stock futures during day time in india and continue trading US market during evening/night time from india.

I have programming skills and frequently write code to backtest my signals. My mom has trade tiger ( share khan ) but I am looking for something more professional charting e.g. cannot open 2 chart windows simultaneously, need to view multiple time charts , need historical intraday charts etc..

1) Can tradestation 8.5 be used to chart indian market data ( how do I connect india market data to tradestation ?
I have tradestation2000i too , can you tell me intraday data provider for it.
2) or for indian market should I buy Amibroker Ultimate Pack Pro for $409 ? or just Professional Edition $ 279 be ok.
3) what is the monthly cost to feed real time data to amibroker ?
4) I am confused as to which charting tool to use, cost + features both are important.
Thanks,

u should subscribe to datafeed. eSignal is the best option if tick data is required. Then using Owndata u can get RT data into TS.

otherwis eSignal + Amibroker is good. Or metastock + Quotecenter

mastermind007

hi everyone i am new to this forum. i am using investar charting software. what is the difference between Investar and Amibroker?
In Investaar you pay approx 8-10K per annum and have to use Indicators that they have decided you need.

In Amibroker, you pay 15K-20K once and can add as many indicators as you decide.

Some will find merit in Investaar because all the thinking is already done for them. Some will find it regressive. At the end of day, both are charting s/w and both will draw Candles ....

4candles

In Investaar you pay approx 8-10K per annum and have to use Indicators that they have decided you need.

In Amibroker, you pay 15K-20K once and can add as many indicators as you decide.

Some will find merit in Investaar because all the thinking is already done for them. Some will find it regressive. At the end of day, both are charting s/w and both will draw Candles ....
........+ you have an option to try Amibroker full version for 30 days that still works after expiry .... but with certain limitations.

Regards

K