Golden Box

Here's a story you must read,

The story goes that some time ago a mother punished her 5 year old daughter for wasting a roll of expensive gold wrapping paper.

Money was tight and she became even more upset when the child used the old paper to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree.

Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift box to her mother the next morning and said, "This is for you, Momma." The mother was embarrassed by her earlier over reaction, but her anger flared again when she opened the box and found it was empty.

She spoke to her daughter in a harsh manner. "Don't you know, young lady, when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside the package?"

She had tears in her eyes and said, "Oh, Momma, it's not empty! I blew kisses into it until it was full."

The mother was crushed. She fell on her knees and put her arms around her little girl, and she begged her forgiveness for her thoughtless anger.

An accident took the life of the child only a short time later, and it is told that the mother kept that gold box by her bed for all the years of her life.

Whenever she was discouraged or faced difficult problems she would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us, as human beings,have been given a Golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our family, friends and GOD. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

So......To be loved......love.......love unconditionaly......

With lots of love

nkpanjiyar

Very nice,nk......thank you .

Saint

saint said:
Very nice,nk......thank you .

Saint
Believe me or not NK, my wife & I are moved to tears reading this little story. Thanks again & again for reminding us of Life as it really is. We tend to forget these little things in the hustle & bustle of today's idiotic world. Unconditional love is what we humans need to be taught or forced down throats, but for children & animals alike they come naturally. The instinct is there in us adults but somewhere down the line, with all the mounting pressures of existence & sustainance, it all sadly gets very diluted. Thank you once again for reminding us of such precious little things in life.

You surely do pull out great little gems out of your resourceful hat. :) AND, KEEP 'EM COMING.

pkjha30

Hi nk
it has the power to move to tears.Do we realise that such little acts of love are there all around us. We must reflect on this and not only take unconditional love from others but also learn to give it like an innocent girl of the story without expecting any return.
Do we have the courage to act in such a manner without engrssing ourselves in selfish acts all the time.
thanks nk
pankaj

jaideep said:
Believe me or not NK, my wife & I are moved to tears reading this little story. Thanks again & again for reminding us of Life as it really is. We tend to forget these little things in the hustle & bustle of today's idiotic world. Unconditional love is what we humans need to be taught or forced down throats, but for children & animals alike they come naturally. The instinct is there in us adults but somewhere down the line, with all the mounting pressures of existence & sustainance, it all sadly gets very diluted. Thank you once again for reminding us of such precious little things in life.

You surely do pull out great little gems out of your resourceful hat. :) AND, KEEP 'EM COMING.
Surely I will do that. Thanks Jaideep.

pkjha30 said:
Hi nk
it has the power to move to tears.Do we realise that such little acts of love are there all around us. We must reflect on this and not only take unconditional love from others but also learn to give it like an innocent girl of the story without expecting any return.
Do we have the courage to act in such a manner without engrssing ourselves in selfish acts all the time.
thanks nk
pankaj
Thanks pkjha30

Need 1 hour !!!

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year-old son waiting for him at the door...

Son: "Daddy, may I ask you a question"

Daddy: "Yeah sure, what it is?"

Son: "Dad, how much do you make an hour"

Daddy: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?" that man said angrily

Son: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"

Daddy: "I make Rs. 500 an hour"

"Oh", the little boy replied, with his head down. Looking up, he said,

"Dad, may I please borrow Rs. 300?"

The father was furious, "if the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or other nonsense, then march yourself to your room and go to bed. Think why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behavior"

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions.

How dare he ask such questions only to get some money? After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:"May be there was something he really needed to buy with that Rs. 300 and he really didn't ask for money very often!"

The man went to the door of little boy's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep, son?" He asked.

"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, may be I was too hard on you earlier", said the man, "It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the Rs.300 you asked for" The little boy sat straight up, smiling "oh thank you dad!" He yelled.

Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled some crippled up notes.The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father.

"Why do you want money if you already had some?" the father grumbled.

"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied."Daddy I have Rs. 500 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you"

MORAL

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the fami! ly & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family. An unwise investment indeed!

You know what's the full word of FAMILY?

FAMILY=(F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU.

With lots of love,
nkpanjiyar

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N AmiBroker 2
Tavnaz Forex 93
goldenvirus Introductions 3
XRAY27 Technical Analysis 0
D Equities 2