Golden Box

Another nugget from your hat NK. Thank you very much again. One more thing, I notice that you are one of the very few here in this forum who posts individual thanks to each & every response to your posts. You must be a good man after all. :)

jaideep said:
Another nugget from your hat NK. Thank you very much again. One more thing, I notice that you are one of the very few here in this forum who posts individual thanks to each & every response to your posts. You must be a good man after all. :)
Just to increase the no of posts;) Thanks jaideep for all kind words. Trying to become good person. People find time to read and reply from their busy schedule - not an easy task. Who else find time now-a-days! I believe it should be sincerely acknowledged, hence my response.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

Learning, one of the core objective in Stock Market

Here is something which brings out the essence very clearly.... and this is the reason why I share so much of wide knowledge in this forum.

When asked at the 2001 Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting what investment advice he had for a young person, Warren Buffett responded:

"...If you're interested in financial matters, getting a stake early is very useful and getting knowlege early is useful.... Just try to keep accumulating knowledge. That's one of the beauties of the business that Charlie and I are in - everything is cumulative. The stuff I learned at 20 is useful today - not necessarily in the same way and not necessarily every day, but it's useful. So you're building a database in your mind that's going to pay off over time."

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

When disaster strikes !!!

The world has become a pretty dangerous place, whether you stay in the stock markets or come out of it. Some recent natural disasters like the Mumbai deluge, the US hurricanes and the latest earthquake in Pakistan and India are vindications of the same. And in a similar tone as equity experts who forecast a correction after every market rise, there have emerged astrologers who are predicting more of nature's fury to spell its wrath on the world in times to come.

While life is thrown into chaos and disorder by natural disasters, when it comes to stock markets, the human nature in itself is responsible for creating situations where everything else falls out of place. People speculate, giving in to the temptations that rising markets bring along. People do not do their research well, giving in to the noise abound that indicates ever-higher levels for stocks. And what happens finally? When things go wrong, the blame generally falls on the markets, as if the onus lies on them (markets) and not on the participants who have characterised indiscipline in lure of 'hot' stocks and 'handsome' returns. Hot and handsome, hmmm!

Well, human life has gone cheap of late. But money wasn't and will never be cheap. It only gets expensive by the minute. It is at least too expensive to be splurged on speculation. Rather, some can be donated towards relief work in the ill-effected regions of the world. So, play it safe! Never let destruction (of wealth) strike you when you are unprepared.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

sh50

Mr Nkpanjiyar really needs to be complimented for such stories which tremendous learning value apart allieviate monopoly.

The first story shows basically that one should be non judgmental or at least refrain from jumping to conclusions. One should always try to respond and not react.

The second story to my mind is all about Life balance. It is said that many people lose health to make money and then spend money to regain health. Some people are similarly busy at the cost of their famlies which is something like missing the wood for the trees. Sucess implies life balance- Financial freedom, good health, good family life, social reputation etc. Unfortunately in today's competitive world, everything is put on the back burner to further one's career.

Very nice thoughts NK & an equally nice summarization sh50. This is the stuff that makes good reading after trading hours. Keep it up everyone. This really is a great forum.:)

Re: Learning, one of the core objective in Stock Market

nkpanjiyar said:
Here is something which brings out the essence very clearly.... and this is the reason why I share so much of wide knowledge in this forum.

When asked at the 2001 Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting what investment advice he had for a young person, Warren Buffett responded:

"...If you're interested in financial matters, getting a stake early is very useful and getting knowlege early is useful.... Just try to keep accumulating knowledge. That's one of the beauties of the business that Charlie and I are in - everything is cumulative. The stuff I learned at 20 is useful today - not necessarily in the same way and not necessarily every day, but it's useful. So you're building a database in your mind that's going to pay off over time."

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Very thoughtful. Thanks

sh50 said:
Mr Nkpanjiyar really needs to be complimented for such stories which tremendous learning value apart allieviate monopoly.

The first story shows basically that one should be non judgmental or at least refrain from jumping to conclusions. One should always try to respond and not react.

The second story to my mind is all about Life balance. It is said that many people lose health to make money and then spend money to regain health. Some people are similarly busy at the cost of their famlies which is something like missing the wood for the trees. Sucess implies life balance- Financial freedom, good health, good family life, social reputation etc. Unfortunately in today's competitive world, everything is put on the back burner to further one's career.
Many Thanks sh50.

jaideep said:
Very nice thoughts NK & an equally nice summarization sh50. This is the stuff that makes good reading after trading hours. Keep it up everyone. This really is a great forum.:)
Thanks jaideep. Indeed "This really is a great forum".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N AmiBroker 2
Tavnaz Forex 93
goldenvirus Introductions 3
XRAY27 Technical Analysis 0
D Equities 2