Gold Funds

Re: Gold fund ?

Check DSP ML World Gold fund.

This fund invests in stocks of the companies involved in gold and other precious metals "mining" , not directly in gold though.

Gold ETFs

Hi to all :)

Here is srini...new member in this forum.

I would be happy to get info on Gold ETFs from u

1)which are the best GOld ETFs to invest and in wot time.

2)How wil be the profits taxed on this and like normal Diversified funds if redem before one year its 10% ..so what abt Gold ETFs...When can we take them out?

3)Any Exits and Entry loads in this funds?

I like to invest as early as possible into this things,please guide me frends.

AmarN

Gold Mutual Funds

Hi everyone,

I have been reading the posts here for quite some time and find them very informative, so thought I would join in with questions of my own.

1. What does everyone feel about Gold MFs?
2. I have started investing in MFs very recently and am going for high risk-high return kinds. I have a major part of my investments until now in NSCs, bank FDs, bonds, etc., thus I do not want to go for debt or balanced ones, which traditionally have lower returns. Am I correct in assuming that debt MFs, etc., are for investors not having already invested in conservative instruments like FDs?

Thanks in advance,
Amar

Gold funds are good... Few are predicting a structural bull run. But as Gold ETFs are new in India, not many are aware of the way this commodity moves.

In the long term, gold is a good investment to hedge against inflation.

Last edited:
Dear Friends
Would You Please Give Information In Gold Funds.how They Are Perform. Quantum Fund And Other Funds
Especially Mr .vicky Can You Shed Your Friutfull Advices.
Thank You
Ekams

vasa1

Dear Friends
Would You Please Give Information In Gold Funds.how They Are Perform. Quantum Fund And Other Funds
Especially Mr .vicky Can You Shed Your Friutfull Advices.
Thank You
Ekams
You don't not need a demat ac to buy the DSP-ML world gold fund. It is like any other open-ended MF. It invests primarily in gold-mining cos and does not track gold per se.

If you want a gold-tracking fund you do need a broker and demat ac and then buy any of the 4-5 gold ETFs.