Going with the Intraday Mini-Flow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvgandhi

LV, I understand your reasoning behind making 4291 the SAR but right after the 12pm bar, we again had a bar high of 4286...shouldn't we leave the stop loss as it is at 4286+9 = 4295??
Now it is 4291. After completion of 13:00 bar then we can change it at that time as per new high if 4291 has not been taken out.

after 12 noon bar, SL for NF is 4282+9=4291.
TRAIL STOP:Let us take the trade as long so that I don't have to repeat the same thing twice.......basically vice versa for shorts.......The second bar of the day(60min bar) puts in a Hgher high and higher low(hope you get it,not higher pivot high and low......just higher high and low.Now the third bar puts in a higher high and low.Move stops to the low of the 2nd bar's low -9.Once the 4th bar makes higher high and low,move stops to the low of 3rd bar-Rs9.

gandhi
the third bar has not crossed the second bar low how you shift the stop loss
then?

rishig38

Now it is 4291. After completion of 13:00 bar then we can change it at that time as per new high if 4291 has not been taken out.
so, lets say if by 1pm 4291 is not taken out but 4286 is the bar high between 12-1pm, do we move it 4295 or leave it at 4291? or maybe move it down to another bar high between 11am to 1pm??

lvgandhi

so, lets say if by 1pm 4291 is not taken out but 4286 is the bar high between 12-1pm, do we move it 4295 or leave it at 4291? or maybe move it down to another bar high between 11am to 1pm??
Saint has given an example. As per that if 13:00 bar high remains 4286, then after that bar, SL will be 4286+9=4295. See a few posts below where he has answered my question for nearly similar situation.

SL moved to 11 AM high + filter right!!!
Now how do we decide whether it is a pure SL or reversal!!!???

Any views friends!!!!
Only stoploss for me.Reversal after high of 1st 5 min bar +9 taken out

rkkarnani

We are now long at 4250 since PL is broken. Am I right.

vps
Long becoz Pivot low is broken!!!!??? Seems there is some thing not fully understood by you!!!!
By the way in which time frame are you looking at the chart!!!! We had gone short, so even if a PL is broken, suppose it is, why do we go long when a PL breaks!!!!
VPS, please clear your basics , you may make blunders!!!
OR have i misunderstood your post!!!

rishig38

Saint has given an example. As per that if 13:00 bar high remains 4286, then after that bar, SL will be 4286+9=4295. See a few posts below where he has answered my question for nearly similar situation.
but this way, we might just end up moving our SAR or SL levels farther and end up with huge losses...what do you say? But since it is an intraday trade, our SL or SAR would hit sooner or later in that case..am i right??

lvgandhi

TRAIL STOP:Let us take the trade as long so that I don't have to repeat the same thing twice.......basically vice versa for shorts.......The second bar of the day(60min bar) puts in a Hgher high and higher low(hope you get it,not higher pivot high and low......just higher high and low.Now the third bar puts in a higher high and low.Move stops to the low of the 2nd bar's low -9.Once the 4th bar makes higher high and low,move stops to the low of 3rd bar-Rs9.

gandhi
the third bar has not crossed the second bar low how you shift the stop loss
then?
For shorts, lower high is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.