Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattel

Re: 60min Flow Trades for the Week: Saint's Method

pattel,

In JP Associates chart above,I see a flag movement on 17,18 and 19 th . Will you kindly clarify on the following :
1) Was your reversal to long saved because of filter you use ?
Yes, Long saved(by a whisker) on 18th because of filter, didn't apply moving filter until 19th.

2) Was it saved because of moving filter you are applying in the flag movement ?
On 19th moved it to high of 18th and later to high of 19th. So 18th was saved by normal filter and 19th by moving filter(if not applied a moving filter i should have been long on 19th).

3) Was it that the moment you sensed the flag movement,you shifted your SAR to 2:00 bar on 16 ( green bar on your chart and the SAR marked there )

Yes, Flag was fresh on my mind. On 18th 11am bar made high above my SAR pivot (first attempt) and 2pm bar making little higher (second attempt) but both wasn't strong enough to take the filter, so it gave clues that it might be a flag.

faith

1) Was your reversal to long saved because of filter you use ?
Yes, Long saved(by a whisker) on 18th because of filter, didn't apply moving filter until 19th.

2) Was it saved because of moving filter you are applying in the flag movement ?
On 19th moved it to high of 18th and later to high of 19th. So 18th was saved by normal filter and 19th by moving filter(if not applied a moving filter i should have been long on 19th).

3) Was it that the moment you sensed the flag movement,you shifted your SAR to 2:00 bar on 16 ( green bar on your chart and the SAR marked there )

Yes, Flag was fresh on my mind. On 18th 11am bar made high above my SAR pivot (first attempt) and 2pm bar making little higher (second attempt) but both wasn't strong enough to take the filter, so it gave clues that it might be a flag.
Smart_trade,pattel
I do not trade jp but trying to learn from your chart.Please help me clarify some SAR decisions taken in jp.
1)At which bar you sensed flag formation and shifted your SAR to pivot no 3 ?
2)At pivot 5 bar at 2 pm you got the clue that it might be a flag,so till then your SAR was at pivot no 4.suppose this 2 pm bar went a bit higher and taken your SAR (wasn't it too late to notice flag movement and place SAR accordingly ?)
3)Don't you think the SAR should have been shifted to pivot 3 after the formation of bar with long wick ( marked by arrow) and two weak bar after it.

faith
[/URL]
[/IMG]

hitesh05

Now the lot size has changed and the MM may not allow me to be always in the flow trade as different stops are of different value so is it advisable to change scripts when pivot breaks and take the trade and switch to anather trade according to your comfort level???? plz advice me.

Last edited:

Smart_trade,pattel
I do not trade jp but trying to learn from your chart.Please help me clarify some SAR decisions taken in jp.
2)At pivot 5 bar at 2 pm you got the clue that it might be a flag,so till then your SAR was at pivot no 4.suppose this 2 pm bar went a bit higher and taken your SAR (wasn't it too late to notice flag movement and place SAR accordingly ?)
3)Don't you think the SAR should have been shifted to pivot 3 after the formation of bar with long wick ( marked by arrow) and two weak bar after it.

faith
[/URL]
[/IMG]
Hello faith,

I think pattel can tell us about his thought process better. So instead of my attempting to answer this question,let us wait and hear from pattel himself.

Smart_trade

orderflow13

Code:
              Old lot size	New lot size
ABAN	                50	400
JPASSOCIAT	        750	4500
RELCAPITAL	        138	552
SUZLON	                1000	6000
LT	                100	400
HDIL	                516	3096
GMRINFRA	        1250	5000
DLF	                400	1600
Looks like i may not be able to carry all my trades to march as some of the scrips might be over my MM. Planning to carry which fits into my rules and leave the other ones end of FEB. Any new scrips fits our flow methods? What are you guys planning for this lot size change? Adds will also be effected if strict MM rules followed.

I'm considering Punj Lloyd and BHEL to backtest and add to this list.
punj loyd is the good one, i used to trade in it, often found smooth movements..one thing for sure i going to shorten my filters for stocks i trade.
for those whose mm gt affected, one option wd be shift to nifty junior or bank nifty.. somewhat gives big moves compare to NF, bank nifty has enough liquidity though havent checked nifty junior recently...
IMO when one shift to new stock or index it wd be prudent to watch initially rather trade until u adopt to the moves.
Alex

Pattel

Sir,

I can't understand 5min bar rule.Kindly help me to understand it clearly, and also what is moving filter?

Regards
Hitesh,
5 min bar rules are in mother thread you can visit that and look for nifty chance post you will find it.

I'm giving you ahead start with this picture. Happy learning

Pattel

what is moving filter?

Regards
(considering a short to explain this) Nothing different than a normal filter where the price moves against our position, but not strong enough to take our stops and it ends up making a higher PH. So we move out SAR to that new pivot high. It's just the normal filter and hence we move it against our position we call it as moving filter. Take a look at our JP trades for last week posts or Komal's post on ABAN in live disscussion thread.

Pattel

Smart_trade,pattel

faith
Faith,
On 17th new lows were made so moved SAR to 4.

On 18th as i explained before it made 2 attempt's to move up and both the moves didn't have enough steam to take our (atleast my) stop.

Your question seems to be on how to identify the flag, but it would be difficult to see a flag when you are trading live. So if the move against your position makes a new pivot without taking your stops move SAR. We can only see the flag only when it pan's out completely.

End of 18th 3.30pm bar.
Yes. Could be late, but there is no way I could have found that there is a flag in formation until a new pivot formed on 18th. Can we identify all flags and avoid whipsaw? my answer would be "No" but we can can avoid majority of them.

No, Moving filter is to apply from pivot to pivot when it goes against your position but not a previous pivot, i wouldn't do that. If a long triggered at that long wicked bar i would have stayed long till now by applying moving filter. Below that range would have been a reentry to short.

Status
Not open for further replies.