Going to open 3 in 1 trading account in ICICI Direct

Hi friends,
I am a 23 years guy. I an keen to know about share market and trading etc. I am very new to all, Thanks to your community it helps noobs a lot.
I searched for discount broker in my town, but could not found any except HDFC Securities & ICICI DIrect. So I decided to go for ICICI Direct. First they told me to open a saving account, than DMAT will be linked to it. The Representative was not that much not knowledgeable, not aware of much stuff, he told me that they have a EAG Platinum offer. I have to keep a amount of Rs. 1,00,000 for 2 days in my account, thank I can withdraw the whole amount. and will get 0.03% and 0.30% brokrage for 3 months along with no DMat a/c opening charges. I agreed on it, Now waiting for account opening.
I seen the demo of there trading site, I didn't understand it. It is not same like "SBI Cap". Is there any S/W based program available for it?
I would be pleased if you seniors give me advise, as I am just going to start investing.

niftytaurus

Hi friends,
I am a 23 years guy. I an keen to know about share market and trading etc. I am very new to all, Thanks to your community it helps noobs a lot.
I searched for discount broker in my town, but could not found any except HDFC Securities & ICICI DIrect. So I decided to go for ICICI Direct. First they told me to open a saving account, than DMAT will be linked to it. The Representative was not that much not knowledgeable, not aware of much stuff, he told me that they have a EAG Platinum offer. I have to keep a amount of Rs. 1,00,000 for 2 days in my account, thank I can withdraw the whole amount. and will get 0.03% and 0.30% brokrage for 3 months along with no DMat a/c opening charges. I agreed on it, Now waiting for account opening.
I seen the demo of there trading site, I didn't understand it. It is not same like "SBI Cap". Is there any S/W based program available for it?
I would be pleased if you seniors give me advise, as I am just going to start investing.
Hi
I am not senior much..ya but I am aware of brokers..As I used them....Icici is convinient as bank is direct linked to ur brokeraeg account....
but ICICI biggest problem is their higher brokerage..brokerage is very high on cash..as ur doing investing,means ur buying shares for long term..u r going to do cash markets...
they have two platforms..u can ask their representetive & they have a demo also in their sites.
a simple advice,whenever u invest ..please get some knowledge & spend soem time in learning share market & then only enter...
its a business....treat it liek a business..
all the best & happy trading

they will kill you with all the brokerage! I had a 3-in-1 account with them long back and they bleeded me like hell!

Do yourself a favor, open an account with Zerodha! Only Rs. 20/- per trade, no matter what the size of order.

thank you both, & #sheoran1, I do not have Zerodha in my city, only HDFC & ICICI Direct available. As of now I opened this account only for learning purpose, will not trade too much. As your advice I will look for good discount broker.