Gifting physical shares

Hi All,
I am new to trading and to this forum also.
Greetings to all!!

1. I want to get my family members' physical shares dematerialised. I do not want to create their demat accounts. So solution suggested to me by one broker is to ask them to gift you and then trade. How this can be done and what is the procedure of gifting shares?

2. Can I do it myself w/o help of any broker?
3. Is it same as share transfer procedure? Which form needs to be filled and how to obtain that? Can I get that form online?
4. Will there be any capital (or tax) gain on my account?
5. If shareholders are more than one for one scrip then what is the procedure?
6. There are some dead shares also.


Similar threads

Broker Special Offers

Intraday Higher Leverage

Save up to 90% in brokerage and get higher leverage for intraday trades.

Are you a day trader?