Getbhavcopy-alternative

travi

This Python script allows you to download Equity and Indexes EOD (End-of-Day) data from NSE India and convert it into the desired format for Amibroker's old database, which was previously updated by Getbhavcopy software.

https://github.com/pparesh25/Getbhavcopy-alternative
I've not used any of the bhavcopy softwares for some years but great job to help the community :up:
(i use API and a small custom written script for NSE specific data)

while i've not gone through the whole py script, you should filter (T2T) BE symbols along with EQ at line #138
Code:
 df = df[df['SERIES'] == 'EQ']
many times due to corporate action, surveillance etc, well traded names are moved here. recent times DMART, Adanipower, ABB(i think)

I've not used any of the bhavcopy softwares for some years but great job to help the community :up:

while i've not gone through the whole py script, you should filter (T2T) BE symbols along with EQ at line #138
Code:
many times due to corporate action, surveillance etc, well traded names are moved here. recent times DMART, Adanipower, ABB(i think)
First of all I would like to thank you, for enhancing my knowledge, and hope you will read the whole script and suggest more advice.

VJAY

Thanks pparesh and travi...:up:

Code:
# Filter rows based on SERIES column
df = df[df['SERIES'].isin(['EQ', 'BE'])]

Hi Paresh,

Thank you for creating a solution.

however i need help with using your software. i use Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
.net 4.8 is installed
Windows Framework 5.1 is installed
Powershell 5.1 installed
python 3.7.2 is installed

i getting error "pip : The term pip is not recognised.......... " (error msg in red, total 7lines)

kindly guide

thank you

Hi Paresh,

Thank you for creating a solution.

however i need help with using your software. i use Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
.net 4.8 is installed
Windows Framework 5.1 is installed
Powershell 5.1 installed
python 3.7.2 is installed

i getting error "pip : The term pip is not recognised.......... " (error msg in red, total 7lines)

kindly guide

thank you

no longer required, got historical from niftytrader12 (trendytrade) from his post.

anyways, keep up the good work