General Trading Chat

I haven't checked but mine comes up in Feb/Mar but could this have been due to covid related risks ?

You can get in touch with customer care.
Even my renewal is in Feb, but I just checked. Will get in touch with the agent tomorrow.

Could you all check it at your end and post here ? Mine is with United.

I discontinued my Mediclaim policy 12 years ago when my premium suddenly increased by 40 %.The policy was only for 2.5- 3 Lacs and I was paying premiums for 10 years without a single claim.....with 2-3 increases but 40 % was a steep increase. So decided that I will invest that premium saved in good stocks which in 5 years will become the cover I was getting plus I will have freedom to spend it on different heads should me/my wife fall sick needing hospitalisation. It was a big decision that I will not have mediclaim cover anymore but 3 L was an amount which I could spend without disturbing my other priorities....that decision proved right.But if one has some ailments, then continuing could make sense despite high premiums.Premium also increases as per the age bracket and if there is a claim/ any illness.

Companies keep increasing the mediclaim premiums due to malpractices at the hospitals which insurance companies are fully aware of but have very little control on.......and customers pay the increased premium as they get reimbursement from their companies and tax incentives....

Guys, I just checked my insurance renewal. It seems that the premium has gone up 150% !! From 13500 to 19500 !!

Anyone else ??
You mean 50%. But yes they have gone up across the board.
For say a 70 yr old with 5L SI, it's about 25k.

It helps looking at your family history and take a disease-specific insurance. If possible, get a genetic test done. It's not 100% predictive but it helps.

Last edited:
This may affect some scrips tomorrow.

10 out of 13 honey brands fail ‘purity test’, finds CSE investigation
https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...t-finds-cse-investigation/article33230094.ece

“What we found was shocking,” said Amit Khurana, programme director of CSE's Food Safety and Toxins team. “It shows how the business of adulteration has evolved so that it can pass the stipulated tests in India...We have found that sugar syrups are designed so that they can go undetected.”