General Trading Chat

bpr

I don't mind moronic protectionism... I am just crying for selling off Dixon lock stock and barrel... :(
Business Insight | With a focus on Atmanirbhar Bharat, India bans import of ACs with refrigerants
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has added split and 'other' ACs with refrigerants into the 'prohibited' category, previously under the 'free' list

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...r-conditioners-with-refrigerants-5971941.html
I don't understand they want us to import acs without refrigerants and put them in india and sell or complety manufacture in India ?
I wish they phase out R32 completely and start R600A or R290 ...but no one cares...

I don't understand they want us to import acs without refrigerants and put them in india and sell or complety manufacture in India ?
I wish they phase out R32 completely and start R600A or R290 ...but no one cares...
On the first point bpr sir, I think there no clarity as of now and I assume it is deliberately kept ambiguous to find a wiggle room if things go south, which is a good move by the much maligned bureaucracy...
On second point I think these are gradually being phased out as per the Montreal protocol... India has time till 2030... if we try and prepone this we may suffer the same shocker as auto industry with skipping bs5... then millennials will have to bear the blame for not liking ACs and refrigerators too...

Here's why AMFI seeks creation of a new index

Reliance Industries (RIL) shares has seen an over 50 percent rally in 2020 that fund managers say could not be entirely captured in the performance of actively managed large cap funds where the exposure to any single stock is capped at 10 percent. So it remains to be seen, how they would correct this?

According to sources, AMFI in a petition to the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) could seek creation of a new index wherein the weightage of RIL shares would be capped at 10 percent. The other option was for mutual funds to seek SEBI's permission to allow a single stock exposure limit of up to 15 percent or to the tune of the current weightage of the stock on the index.

However, that could only correct future performance. Hence, a new index which would actively manage large cap funds and correct past performance, would help.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/videos/per...mfi-seeks-creation-of-a-new-index-7199161.htm

India has had this concept for decades now. The airbase at Chennai (then Madras) has a grounded airplane converted to a restaurant. Best Dosa, served with a side of small bowl of desi ghee !!

Disclaimer : I had a dosa there in 1973, so this information may be outdated :D
1973!!! .. u r a senior citizen ..? not expected ..i guess u might be around 40... in 1973 iam a toddler:)