General Trading Chat

Raj232

Form 15 comes in 2 types, 15G and 15H. I didn't know that it was needed to be filled for dividends too. It has to be filled individually at the various banks where you have an account and earning interest.

I remember that Arun Jaitley had spoken about online Form 15. I don't know if there is any progress on that.

BTW, this year the banks have not yet started accepting 15H. They asked me to come after 1st July.

Now for elderly people who have most of their life savings in Fixed deposits with banks, will have a difficult time, first, to go out of the house in these Corona times , stand in the Bank line , get the 15G form, fill it, and submit it to the bank. .. just to save TDS while exposing themselves to the risk of catching Corona virus.

Now for elderly people who have most of their life savings in Fixed deposits with banks, will have a difficult time, first, to go out of the house in these Corona times , stand in the Bank line , get the 15G form, fill it, and submit it to the bank. .. just to save TDS while exposing themselves to the risk of catching Corona virus.
HDFC allows us to fill it online for a few years now, so there is nothing that stops other banks from doing it . . .

Maybe making people stand in a different queues is one of the definition of being AtamaNirbhar

HDFC allows us to fill it online for a few years now, so there is nothing that stops other banks from doing it . . .

Maybe making people stand in a different queues is one of the definition of being AtamaNirbhar

This is really nice to know. I have been exploring banks to open a new SB a/c. From what I have seen, HDFC seems easier and faster also then!

One more savings scheme.

Govt savings bonds to offer higher rate of interest than small savings
https://www.business-standard.com/a...terest-than-small-savings-120062601991_1.html

Another article on the same :

Government launches 7.15% floating rate bonds: Here's all you need to know

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

There seems to be no upper limit for this. For post office NSC, there is an upper limit of Rs. 4.5 lakhs (individual) or Rs. 9 lakhs (joint account).

I wonder if a person has to fill a separate Form 15H for this.

Also, there is no mention of extra interest for senior citizens.
Separate form 15 H to be submitted in every investment.

Maybe now some bank staff will also become NPAs :D

Bankers in India are more productive working from home
3 min read . Updated: 28 Jun 2020, 11:33 AM ISTRonojoy Mazumdar , Bloomberg
  • For now, only a fraction of the staff in the financial-services industry is back in office.
  • The unexpected benefits of working remotely mean it’s likely to be a favored option well into the future
https://www.livemint.com/companies/...ductive-working-from-home-11593323225313.html

travi

If your total income from dividends is less than some amount (I remember reaidng 5000 but not sure) you need to intimate dividend paying companies by giving 15 g or h, depending on age... otherwise they will withhold 10% as TDS and you have to claim back in returns... I think it was put in finance bill this year after abolishing ddt (btw stamp duty wala changes are also there in the same bill sir ji)... I remember reading recently that this is reduced to 7.5% temporarily under the covid package... we'll have to check the fineprint for more details....
this E-notice of TSRDARASHAW for resident shareholder. Same sender on behalf of Titan / Asianpaints / TCS /

a. TDS is required to be deducted at the rate of 7.5% under Section 194 of the Act.

b. No TDS is required to be deducted, if aggregate dividend distributed or likely to be distributed during the financial year to individual shareholder does not exceed Rs. 5000/-. Normal dividend(s) declared in the preceding financial year 2019 - 20 would be considered as the basis to determine applicability of the said threshold for the entire financial year.

c. No TDS is required to be deducted on furnishing of valid Form 15G (for individuals, with no tax liability on total income and income not exceeding maximum amount which is not chargeable to tax) or Form 15H (for individual above the age of 60 years with no tax liability on total income).

d. TDS is required to be deducted at the rate of 20% under Section 206AA of the Act, if valid PAN of the shareholder is not available.

e. TDS is required to be deducted at the rate prescribed in the lower tax withholding certificate issued under Section 197 of the Act, if such valid certificate is provided.

===========

So upto 5k is no TDS. But they have attached Doc files that need to be submitted to the Company. This i think should be centralized bcos the email specifies data that is available from demat but not this.

This is a giant beginning for the electric vehicles.

Indian Oil battery-swapping station for electric vehicles (EVs): How it Works
2 min read . Updated: 28 Jun 2020, 11:39 AM ISTWritten By Danny Cyril D Cruze
  • The new plan has been executed in partnership with Sun Mobility in order to set up the battery swapping facility
  • Initially, this new model is targeted at commercial vehicles such as electric autos, rickshaws and electric two-wheelers

https://www.livemint.com/industry/e...tion-for-evs-how-it-works-11593322918297.html

Air India divestment deadline extended again by 2 more months due to corona
TNN | Jun 27, 2020, 10.42 PM IST

NEW DELHI: The government has extended the timeline for Air India’s divestment by two more months due to the pandemic. The deadline for submitting expression of interest (EoI) and intimating qualified bidders is now August 31, 2020, (instead of June 30 earlier) and September 14 (from July 14), respectively. The department of investment and public asset management (DIPAM) on Saturday said the extension is due to “requests received from interested bidders in view of the prevailing situation arising out of Covid-19.”

Due to the pandemic, the deadline for submitting bids was extended from March 17 to April 30, then and now to August 31. Similarly the date for intimating qualified bidders was extended from March 31 to May 14 to July 14 and now September 14. But with coronavirus pandemic leading to massive upheaval globally, AI divestment timelines had to be postponed again.

Airlines globally are fighting for survival and many countries are supporting their carriers financially to help survive the unprecedented impact of coronavirus — which is being described as the biggest blow to the industry ever. Airlines and groups seen as likely bidders for AI are now facing severe headwinds themselves.

The government has left nothing to chance in its second attempt to sell off debt-ridden AI. It had allowed NRIs, who are Indian nationals, to own up to 100% stake in the airline without violating the substantial ownership and effective control (SOEC) norms.

AI’s debt-cum-liabilities combined burden is almost Rs 90,000 crore. The government has this time substantially sweetened the sale terms.

It has offered for sale its 100% stake in AI and AI Express — instead of 76% in the first attempt — and the entire 50% it owns in ground handling joint venture AI-SATS. Eligibility terms have been relaxed for bidders and they will be expected to take on Rs 32,447 crore of debt-cum-liabilities — essentially current value of 146 aircraft they will be getting — of the total amount of Rs 88,781 crore with the government keeping with it Rs 56,334 crore.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...months-due-to-corona/articleshow/76666194.cms