General Trading Chat

ST .. not on this lock down or demonetization .. it very odd for highest authority of a country fear of media for whole of his term .. really very odd.. some psychological problem .. no matter of support will justify this odd behavior .. every day PM around the world facing media and briefing the developments .. Jayalaliitha too same .. never face media ..
Keep criticising.....and feeling happy....:)

Trading and investing both have risks Some time back our member Tamil Trader who used to post impressive profits screenshots went bankrupt and he was asking people’s money for managing.....he was considered a hot shot trader.....

Why go further, just 6-8 months ago a very senior member of our own forum very active in trading called me and asked me if I can give him a loan of Rs 3 Lakhs.....he apparently was very successful trader but he said he blew his account in trading and he has a family to support.,He was a daytrader so no black swan event killed his account.....he lost it slowly in daytradingHis scheme was he will daytrade and run his home and also pay part of my loan...I found it impossible to run a household on Rs 3 L trading capital, and I politely declined to lend him money....I won’t disclose his name because I feel very bad for the financial mess he got himself in and don’t want to add humiliation to his already precarious position.....

So traders also lose lots of money ,sometimes beyond their capacity...investors in good stocks have suffered a DD of 20-25 % But is 25 % DD is unheard of in trading ??If an investor invests in scrips like Yes Bank,Reliance capital,Rcom.....then he himself is to be blamed if his capital is finished....

So trading and investing both are rewarding as well as risky if not done with proper safeguards.....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Criticising the PM is our democratic right. It is also our democratic duty to offer doable suggestions for whatever problems we perceive.

If not Modi, who do you think would have handled the situation better, from the present crop of leaders. This is where I draw a blank from everyone. I had posted this question on Quora too, but no concrete alternatives were mentioned there.

Ok, these aren't good times. But IMO, with all his flaws and hesitation to hold press conferences, Modi is the right person at the right time in right place.

Trump, for all his filibuster and media exposure, has so far caused USA to lose face big time, and instil insecurity in his citizens.

I think that by April 14, if the government decides to extend the lockdown by a week or two, most of our citizens won't protest much. Many would even suggest and welcome it.

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Our PM can face the media in a much better way with his logical thinking and oratory / conversational skills but he knows that any decision however good,he will be criticised by some motivated section of people and the press...so he prefers taking firm decisions for the country and implementing them in spite of wilful and motivated criticism.....that for the country is more important than he giving press conferences.

Recent decision of complete lockdown was a essential decision but many motivated people keep criticising and questioning it ,but for people of the country social distancing matters much more than the debates and press conferences.....and PM went ahead in strongly talking and implementing the decision irrespective of what PM haters say as it is for the good of people of our country.His ministers hold frequent press conferences and keep people informed aboutGovt decisions and press can ask questions in such press conferences.....

Smart_ trade
That is no reason to not do a 2 way communication at all. Also looking at his comments and behavior around last elections and around Pak issue, in a way it gives the impression that he is similar to mr MMS in that some one else is pulling the strings. To me it seems they are not willing to risk any chance of damaging his image and so all we get is 1 way diatribe which could well have been prepared by someone else.

They keep taking tough decisions without proper implementation or thought. Lots of promises were made before 1st election, where are we now ? Previous RBI governor was seemingly against demo which they ignored and gave us this disaster of a change that did not remove any black money.

Anyway, we could go on and all of above is only my feeling and i could be completely wrong but i have grown tried of Indian politicians now and don't take them seriously. That does not make me happy ...

If not Modi, who do you think would have handled the situation better, from the present crop of leaders. This is where I draw a blank from everyone. I had posted this question on Quora too, but no concrete alternatives were mentioned there.
Yes, In India politics is a life long career. Even after losing badly and being completely rejected by the public our opposition leader remains the same. These same people just wait for the tide to change and come back.
Democratic failure in a way as all we have is 1 or 2 or 3 choices without as much change.

Blackhole

Trading and investing both have risks Some time back our member Tamil Trader who used to post impressive profits screenshots went bankrupt and he was asking people’s money for managing.....he was considered a hot shot trader.....

Why go further, just 6-8 months ago a very senior member of our own forum very active in trading called me and asked me if I can give him a loan of Rs 3 Lakhs.....he apparently was very successful trader but he said he blew his account in trading and he has a family to support.,He was a daytrader so no black swan event killed his account.....he lost it slowly in daytradingHis scheme was he will daytrade and run his home and also pay part of my loan...I found it impossible to run a household on Rs 3 L trading capital, and I politely declined to lend him money....I won’t disclose his name because I feel very bad for the financial mess he got himself in and don’t want to add humiliation to his already precarious position.....

So traders also lose lots of money ,sometimes beyond their capacity...investors in good stocks have suffered a DD of 20-25 % But is 25 % DD is unheard of in trading ??If an investor invests in scrips like Yes Bank,Reliance capital,Rcom.....then he himself is to be blamed if his capital is finished....

So trading and investing both are rewarding as well as risky if not done with proper safeguards.....

Smart_trade
Truly said!

but if that trader has realy traded n even if he is average trader many banks would have proposed him with offer of approved loans.(be it personal loan,two wheeler,four wheeler,Home loan,Credit card loans)

Now adays banks offer atleast 2.5 lak personal loans on saving n same on credit card... so its more in just single bank.

If using multiple banks or multiple personal account..then imagine......must be bad financial management or already had exhausted such options.....

even NBFCS has such offers.

although there are many such options available....even in such markets.

Trading is a skill set, not all the traders are best in t20 or odi or test and not all the traders are good at chasing the total..they would always loose in such cases...only need to understand own game n potential and flexibilty according to situation without breaking ownself.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Our PM can face the media in a much better way with his logical thinking and oratory / conversational skills

Smart_ trade
we will never know if he is what you think he is in communication until he give press conference and give spontaneous answers to equally spontaneous questions. Speaking from pre-written messages, anyone can do that.

Imagine a press conference declaring lockdown and media asking questions like
1. what has been done for migrant workers, 2. is there window open for them to travel back, 3. Food distribution etc

all the problems which we are facing now could be asked and govt could have started thinking about response.

I completely agree with @TracerBullet that he might be next MMS whose strings are attached to someone else. We saw a glimps of this during 2019 election where Modi, although present in press conference didn't/couldn't respond to a single media question and directed all of them to Amit Shah. One can easily say he doesn't have courage to face public questioning and happy for 'aam kaise khate hai' and 'itani energy kahan se aati hai' type questions.

It's not about supporting or opposing his policies, it's generic thing expected from a 'world' leader to be able to respond to questioning. If he is able to make tough decision, he should be able to face the questions/criticism as well.

we will never know if he is what you think he is in communication until he give press conference and give spontaneous answers to equally spontaneous questions. Speaking from pre-written messages, anyone can do that.

Imagine a press conference declaring lockdown and media asking questions like
1. what has been done for migrant workers, 2. is there window open for them to travel back, 3. Food distribution etc

all the problems which we are facing now could be asked and govt could have started thinking about response.

I completely agree with @TracerBullet that he might be next MMS whose strings are attached to someone else. We saw a glimps of this during 2019 election where Modi, although present in press conference didn't/couldn't respond to a single media question and directed all of them to Amit Shah. One can easily say he doesn't have courage to face public questioning and happy for 'aam kaise khate hai' and 'itani energy kahan se aati hai' type questions.

It's not about supporting or opposing his policies, it's generic thing expected from a 'world' leader to be able to respond to questioning. If he is able to make tough decision, he should be able to face the questions/criticism as well.
Itna lamba essay. ;) Worry not. We are retracing history and are back to Indira is India era. Grab some popcorn and enjoy. Nothing much you can do anyway. :D

Was thinking about Ultratech cement looking good after this huge corrections. But turns out this is normal. There is a very very deep 25% correction every year in long term charts. And it's not restricted to lean seasons, or cycles etc. It's random and deep correction. Similar trends in Shree and Ambuja and ACC. Any particular reason for this annual and so steep correction in the entire sector?