General Trading Chat

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Then perhaps we should check the data for the preceding 2-3 years to find the trend.

Anyway, I think that IMD too is a trader in the markets :)
IMD calculates avg rainfall for 50-60-80 years ! so basically it's mean rainfall since record begin (or something like that). E.g. The normal rainfall is expected to be 300mm since 1st june - till date for City A. and this year it's 200. so it's already deficient.

Statistics are interesting thing if it rains 200 mm in tomorrow, rainfall will be excellent however city and neighbourhood might be merged in water :D

Edit: Below distribution shows mid july is peak of monsoon!

edit 2: it doesn't take more then 10-15 sec for me to look for data if I know what I'm looking. So rest assured I don't waste my time looking for information instead of learning how to trade :p

1563279004677.png

Last edited:
Guys
I was working on machine learning algorithms to predict stocks and market. Though I did this for academic purposes - since I come from Prediction Backgroud - for the past few days - I have been able to predict the behavior of some stocks - and they have shown promising returns for the day.
For example these are the results of stocks that I filtered for the day - and how it behaved and prediction.
This is what my model told for today's market

IMG-20190716-WA0001.jpg

This is what was predicted yesterday and how the stocks performed.
Sorry there is no option to decrease the size of images
IMG-20190715-WA0001.jpg

I take into consideration various factors like international market etc. For example, as per today's conditions - the market tomorrow could fall to 11567 - but if rallies - it has a tendency to cross 11700.

Is this of interest to someone.
I am planning to release an APP on this.

Hello @Arindam Bhattacharjee ,

1. Welcome to Traderji. Looking forward to useful participation from you.

2. You can use any image editing software to reduce the size of the images. I prefer Irfanview which is available free for download.

1563289345522.png

3. The members here can really test your theories and ideas and give very positive feedback. But we are more interested in the theories/ trading logic rather than simply the outcome.

4. Please go through the forum rules. We are very protective about spam and unregulated promotional activities. If you are interested in promotional activity, please contact the admin.

Once again, welcome to Traderji, and all the best with your prediction theory.

Guys
I was working on machine learning algorithms to predict stocks and market. Though I did this for academic purposes - since I come from Prediction Backgroud - for the past few days - I have been able to predict the behavior of some stocks - and they have shown promising returns for the day.
For example these are the results of stocks that I filtered for the day - and how it behaved and prediction.
This is what my model told for today's market

View attachment 36240

This is what was predicted yesterday and how the stocks performed.
Sorry there is no option to decrease the size of images
View attachment 36241

I take into consideration various factors like international market etc. For example, as per today's conditions - the market tomorrow could fall to 11567 - but if rallies - it has a tendency to cross 11700.

Is this of interest to someone.
I am planning to release an APP on this.

I was just putting screenshots from phone - so just pointed out that images would be bigger...so please don't mind

So I do monsoon predictions and since you guys were talking about monsoon - I had made the following predictions. My predictions had come true in last two seasons - when Kerala floods were also predicted.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q4ZHTMMUiaEaIeuHpchtt1idX-fJ0X-4X93N9CjXHcc/edit?usp=sharing

So I am using KNN algorithms and tried making covariance matrices based on different values of global parameters...I also use NHMM for climate change work.

But I am able to predict NIFTY and stocks, but don't really know how to trade on derivatives - which I guess I can predict....As I said, I tried it completely from an academic perspective and my vision is to build a trade exchange in the future for Sustainability - but that's a different design I am working on...

But this works real time - and I would soon release it as an app. But till then if someone wants to test my models for free -

I think that would be safe, otherwise in public - people can bet against the predictions...

Best
Arindam

Hello @Arindam Bhattacharjee ,

1. Welcome to Traderji. Looking forward to useful participation from you.

2. You can use any image editing software to reduce the size of the images. I prefer Irfanview which is available free for download.

3. The members here can really test your theories and ideas and give very positive feedback. But we are more interested in the theories/ trading logic rather than simply the outcome.

4. Please go through the forum rules. We are very protective about spam and unregulated promotional activities. If you are interested in promotional activity, please contact the admin.

Once again, welcome to Traderji, and all the best with your prediction theory.

@Arindam Bhattacharjee , as mentioned earlier, here we are more interested in discussing the methodology. If it is already proven, please post it here, and welcome to it. But just posting the results, not welcome.

Also, any reference to any other social media or invitation to join any social group will result in instant banning. So please refrain from even mentioning any other platforms that you are successful on.

Traderji is a rich cornucopia of trading knowledge. It will help you add to the methods of trading derivatives. Please go through the wealth of material here. I'm sure you will appreciate it and participate in the spirit of a forum, i.e. give and take of knowledge.
I was just putting screenshots from phone - so just pointed out that images would be bigger...so please don't mind

So I do monsoon predictions and since you guys were talking about monsoon - I had made the following predictions. My predictions had come true in last two seasons - when Kerala floods were also predicted.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q4ZHTMMUiaEaIeuHpchtt1idX-fJ0X-4X93N9CjXHcc/edit?usp=sharing

So I am using KNN algorithms and tried making covariance matrices based on different values of global parameters...I also use NHMM for climate change work.

But I am able to predict NIFTY and stocks, but don't really know how to trade on derivatives - which I guess I can predict....As I said, I tried it completely from an academic perspective and my vision is to build a trade exchange in the future for Sustainability - but that's a different design I am working on...

But this works real time - and I would soon release it as an app. But till then if someone wants to test my models for free -

I think that would be safe, otherwise in public - people can bet against the predictions...

Best
Arindam

So for example - my prediction for NIFTY says that it has the tendency to go to 11691.
Not it might start from there after 9:15 or reach there after 12.
But overall it has a tendency to fall as well - but overall seems to be stabalizing in 11691

Best
Arindam

checkmate7

Best
Arindam
What's the Algo you use for ML???