General Trading Chat

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Toocool and Presap, you are enticing me with the method that was kind of first love, but as they say you rarely get those. I came quite close after investing almost year and a half.
May be someday, I get enough courage to dive again....

Vivek

PreSap

Toocool and Presap, you are enticing me with the method that was kind of first love, but as they say you rarely get those. I came quite close after investing almost year and a half.
May be someday, I get enough courage to dive again....

Vivek
Vivek bro,

I wasn’t aware of Subhadip’s thread when most of the posts were made on that thread. A lot of charts went missing and I too was not able to grasp some concepts properly.

If I remember correctly, you had summarised a set of charts for entry which I had been able to refer to and I started to look up the thread. So you had enticed me first. :D

I am still not an expert on pivots (I do not use minor erls), but my visual trend analysis is mostly correct. I use mp breaks in the direction of Visual trend and pivot above VPs. When in doubt I try to stay out. Subhadip had mentioned even with a few setups you can still make decent money.

Vjay bro’s thread also had some very constructive participation a few months back and this immensely helped me along with Rjshem sir’s easy setups.

My office work got very hectic in between and I too had to stop posting charts and was forced to pause trading. I always try if I get the time. I hope you will start at least paper trading too, if you have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raj232

Can someone please help me to know why Nifty futures chart has this difference of gaps in open price Zerodha and Sharekhan? (25th and 26th April trading days)
Even Fyers agrees with Sharekhan chart.
The 2nd chart (below) looks correct

Guys why don't you use market flow style called IDF it's little tricky but it's the best if learned properly

I request we should all get together and learn market flow

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk
Most people do not progress ahead of marking the pivots into minor,visual and major pivots.Correctly identifying pivots is the base of the system but that is not the full system.We have to identify minor and visual trends,entry points,stops,profit taking levels.We have to then go into more details of pivot upgrades,trends within trends,gaps in our favour and against us, ERLs ,position sizing and trade Management.Then comes serious backtesting over different types of markets.

By the time person is learning all the above, it will take about a year to learn...in the meanwhile he is distracted to other methods like moving average,indicators ,RDMA options,EWT,expiry day trading and he feels that these are better .He also keeps hearing fairy tales that so and so trader made a fortune without any efforts....he starts believing that some secret system is needed to be profitable trader and the search for a holy grail system continues....he contacts trading gurus,workshops,U tube videos promising instant success trading system...and so on and on....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Most people do not progress ahead of marking the pivots into minor,visual and major pivots.Correctly identifying pivots is the base of the system but that is not the full system.We have to identify minor and visual trends,entry points,stops,profit taking levels.We have to then go into more details of pivot upgrades,trends within trends,gaps in our favour and against us, ERLs ,position sizing and trade Management.Then comes serious backtesting over different types of markets.

By the time person is learning all the above, it will take about a year to learn...in the meanwhile he is distracted to other methods like moving average,indicators ,RDMA options,EWT,expiry day trading and he feels that these are better .He also keeps hearing fairy tales that so and so trader made a fortune without any efforts....he starts believing that some secret system is needed to be profitable trader and the search for a holy grail system continues....he contacts trading gurus,workshops,U tube videos promising instant success trading system...and so on and on....

Smart_trade
These kind of talks attract newbies bcos it makes real sense sirji.
So much more to still learn.

toocool

Smart_trade
Sir

Today the problem is that the existing threads are too old and the threads don't have charts explaining the process, and it's not possible to understand the trades posted on years old threads as we don't have data for those dates at all

How to learn all what you are telling is essential parts, please advice a way out

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk