General Trading Chat

Right, STT is a tax, which is same for everyone but I guess Zerodha might be skimming off the top with that rounding off; I don't know if that's legal or illegal but it's certainly not in the right spirit, so you can e-mail them about it & ask, if you feel sufficiently inclined to do so. They were probably clearing their equity trades themselves, so no new benefit there.
Not really skimming. I guess they are rounding OFF, not rounding UP. So, sometimes they keep a fraction of rupee, sometimes they leave a fraction of rupee.

or rather lack of action on it.

@timepass use dabba trading to save all these taxes... :)
Would save a LOT of money for day-traders but of course, there may be lack of accountability. Sometimes, I wish there was more dabba trading, & thereby, government is forced to lower taxes to entice some of the dabba traders into the legal realm of exchanges. ;) I presume most profitable traders' edge is relatively small, & all of these taxes make it even smaller while turning many marginally profitable traders into losers. :((

@Smart_trade i have dmart shares from 695 rs , can i do tax loss harvesting in it ??

how can i do it please explain with example
Present price of DMart is Rs 1480. You have bought at Rs 695 so where is the loss ? for loss harvesting you need short term loss to give shelter to short term profit.....so if you have short term loss, then you can book this profit and adjust the profit against a loss.. but if there is no loss, then wait for it to become long term profit ( holding period more than 1 year ) before booking out...

Smart_trade