General Trading Chat

I had posted that as this upmove went above 11100 in Nifty I don’t expect nifty to go to 10000.But I still expect nifty to go to 10300-10400 and form a higher bottom.But if Nifty makes a new high before going down to 10400 then my analysis is obviously wrong....

In trading I trade as per short term trends in the market without keeping long term view in mind....in investments, I still have over 25% of my portfolio in liquid cash which I propose to deploy in the downmove which I expect.....if the downmove does not come, I will not deploy these funds at today’s levels .These funds are invested in short term bonds fund and are earning some returns.These funds will be deployed only when a sizeable correction comes in the market,whenever it comes.

Smart_trade
Sir,
Please suggest some short term bond funds and whats the exit load and other things in these type of funds.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Finished one reading of Saurabh Mukherjea’s “ Unusual Billionaires” book this weekend.Very simple language,hard core data based and backtested the coffee can portfolios starting from year 2000 onwards analysing 15-16 portfolios....very good reading material.

It also has chapters on each of some solid wealth creators giving full analysis and reasons why that stock/ company is wealth compounder....

Smart_trade
I have read the latest one Coffee Can Investing: The Low Risk Road to Stupendous Wealth .But many reviews on Amazon mentioned that the earlier book “Unusual Billionaires” is better.Shall check this one too.

Sir,
Please suggest some short term bond funds and whats the exit load and other things in these type of funds.
I have parked my funds in Reliance,HDFC and Franklin Templeton short term bonds Fund but the best return is from Franklin India Ultra Short Term Bonds super institutional plan growth option fund. These are short term bonds so there is no exit load.

Smart_trade

Da
Your view on some good ELSS funds
I have invested in Aditya Birla Sunlife Tax Relief 96,Reliance Tax Saver and Axis Long Term Equity Fund in the year 2018-19. But for next year I am looking at the following funds :

1) Aditya Birla Sunlife Tax Relief 96
2) Axis Long Term Equity Fund
3) Mirae Asset Tax saving fund....this is a new fund but it has done well in a 3 yrs timeframe. So will invest some money in this fund too.The performance of other funds by this fund house is good.

The ELSS funds have given about 18-22 % CAGR on 5 years holding basis. Long term average is 16-18 % CAGR.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
I have invested in Aditya Birla Sunlife Tax Relief 96,Reliance Tax Saver and Axis Long Term Equity Fund in the year 2018-19. But for next year I am looking at the following funds :

3) Mirae Asset Tax saving fund....this is a new fund but it has done well in a 3 yrs timeframe. So will invest some money in this fund too.The performance of other funds by this fund house is good.

The ELSS funds have given about 18-22 % CAGR on 5 years holding basis. Long term average is 16-18 % CAGR.

Smart_trade

These two are consistent and resilient performers.

Smart_trade
Thanks Da
Last year I invested in Reliance Tax Saver, Axis Long Term Equity Fund and a fund of MOS for tax saver purpose
I feel that we have a good reason to avoid Reliance Tax Saver, this year.