General Trading Chat

Last week, MSCI improved China's weightage in its index.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ing-plan-lifts-china/articleshow/68215681.cms

Shanghai stocks post best week in nearly 4 years after MSCI move

It is an equivalent of a ratings upgrade. It means that China is now likely to get more fund flows.

More importantly for us, it will reduce India's weightage in the index, not only because of increase in China's weightage, but also because of inclusion of 2 new countries.

Foreign funds may withdraw $2-3 billion after MSCI tweak

Quoting from the article ...

"MUMBAI: India’s weight in the MSCI Emerging Market Index is likely to fall at least by a percentage point in the next one year, causing an expected outflow of as much as $2-3 billion investment by passive funds.
Some of the stocks that will be hit because of the change in weight are L&T with an outflow of $135 million, ITC ($96 million), Tata Motors ($78 million), and Mahindra & Mahindra, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories and GAILNSE 0.54 % (about $60 million each).

MSCI also proposed changes to the calculation methodology for foreign ownership limits for Indian stocks. The result of this depends on consultation process and will be announced on March 29. If the changes are accepted, it will reduce India’s weight in MSCI Emerging Market Index by a further quarter percentage point.

“India should take corrective measures by increasing the FPI limits in various sectors and should negotiate with MSCI to include stocks like HDFC Bank, Kotak Bank, etc, ............. "

ST Dada you said nifty back to 10000 once again is it still same or anything changed in Market
I had posted that as this upmove went above 11100 in Nifty I don’t expect nifty to go to 10000.But I still expect nifty to go to 10300-10400 and form a higher bottom.But if Nifty makes a new high before going down to 10400 then my analysis is obviously wrong....

In trading I trade as per short term trends in the market without keeping long term view in mind....in investments, I still have over 25% of my portfolio in liquid cash which I propose to deploy in the downmove which I expect.....if the downmove does not come, I will not deploy these funds at today’s levels .These funds are invested in short term bonds fund and are earning some returns.These funds will be deployed only when a sizeable correction comes in the market,whenever it comes.

Smart_trade

Finished one reading of Saurabh Mukherjea’s “ Unusual Billionaires” book this weekend.Very simple language,hard core data based and backtested the coffee can portfolios starting from year 2000 onwards analysing 15-16 portfolios....very good reading material.

It also has chapters on each of some solid wealth creators giving full analysis and reasons why that stock/ company is wealth compounder....

Smart_trade

Blackhole

Finished one reading of Saurabh Mukherjea’s “ Unusual Billionaires” book this weekend.Very simple language,hard core data based and backtested the coffee can portfolios starting from year 2000 onwards analysing 15-16 portfolios....very good reading material.

It also has chapters on each of some solid wealth creators giving full analysis and reasons why that stock/ company is wealth compounder....

Smart_trade
yeah that's a good read

Smart_trade
Finished reading Tintin today :) :)
The author shows how Good triumphs over Evil :)