General Trading Chat

I am back today after a long out of station trip.
During this long break, I was able to analyse myself as a Trader.
Some of my key observations on myself (by doing more paper trading and limited actual trading) are :
I am more comfortable and successful with Short trades Or Put buying than with Long trades Or Call buying in the present market condition. Again this may change with change in market trend, I am aware.
More probable to get good / decent profits when trading on any one stock at a time, rather than trading on multiple stocks.
Trading simultaneously in multiple stocks is not leading to greater profit for me.
Being in a trade with patience has improved comparatively.
Waiting for the opportunity to trade is improved .. no impulsive trading.
Like to just watch the market movements without trading actually at frequent intervals .. This helps in improving myself.
More calm now, learned to ignore noise comparatively.

Let me see how well practically this will lead to more calmness and peace of mind in coming days..Profit will follow depending on how well I am disciplined, I am sure.
Thanks to traderji and the various messages from experienced traders !
The journey continues..with more calm and focused mind ..

cloudTrader

Some of my key observations on myself (by doing more paper trading and limited actual trading) are :
I am more comfortable and successful with Short trades Or Put buying than with Long trades Or Call buying in the present market condition. Again this may change with change in market trend, I am aware.
More probable to get good / decent profits when trading on any one stock at a time, rather than trading on multiple stocks.
Trading simultaneously in multiple stocks is not leading to greater profit for me.
Like to just watch the market movements without trading actually at frequent intervals .. This helps in improving myself.

Let me see how well practically this will lead to more calmness and peace of mind in coming days..Profit will follow depending on how well I am disciplined, I am sure.
I appreciate the way you have analysed yourself as a trader. This is the correct way of progressing as a trader.

All the best .. :up:

I appreciate the way you have analysed yourself as a trader. This is the correct way of progressing as a trader.

All the best .. :up:
+1, I agree with @cloudTrader
Thanks for sharing your personal analysis regarding your trading behavior @Positivetrader . Such outstation trips gives us the opportunity to step back a bit and look at our selves from a distance. And then we are able to spot those things, which we could not realize when we are totally consumed or involved in the action.

Best wishes for you.

checkmate7

JSPL has run up quite a lot today. Any trade left there now ?? Missed the long, it just bent down to fill the gap and then ran up when I was not looking.

View attachment 33335
Just now saw the charts ..what an up move:)..whts the reason any news??

checkmate7

Looks like all steel shares firing up...