General Trading Chat

Riskyman

Exit polls are out now and still dead silence in this thread? I visited this thread to know how the big, experienced traders are seeing/taking BJP's plausible defeat in 3 states. Surprisingly, no reply/views on Monday's market opening!!
Kuch to margadarshan kariye hum gareebo ka...

I dont have answers for your questions. Im sorry.
But I have a question for you. Please tell me how you manage to post if you are "Banned". :wtf::wtf::wtf:
Or is it some silly trick you do??:DD:DD:confusedd::confusedd:

Banned.JPG

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
This weekend I was going through a reverse CAGR formula and what it implies if one just buys and holds for 10years with regards to compounding.
https://cagrcalculator.net/reverse-cagr-result/
Principle amount 10lakh
No tinker buy and hold 10years
Let's take 3 examples
HDFC bank historical 10 year CAGR of 25% (source valueresearchonline.com)
Bajaj finance historical 10 year CAGR of 80%
Bank FD let's take current interest rate of 8%
Taxation will be different for FD and equity long term holdings

What one may get
HDFC bank 93lakh
Bajaj finance 35.7 crores
FD 21.5lakh

If we do invest in Bajaj finance and hold, it may be unsustainable to grow at 80% for next 10 years but...
One is most likely to get a CAGR of somewhere between 25 to 80, so between 1Cr to 35Cr.
Worst case scenario it behaves as badly as an FD, still one would save on taxes:cool:
Another scenario of doomsday etc least probable.
I am not implying that one should invest all his money in equity, that's stupid ofcourse, but just invest 10lakh when he has time on his side and forget to mess with it.
Sometimes I feel most of us try too hard to create wealth trading even tick charts, and still failing miserably both financially and emotionally....
Thing is trading may not be for everyone, but the above can be achieved by most.

Vivek

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
But I have a question for you. Please tell me how you manage to post if you are "Banned". :wtf::wtf::wtf:

View attachment 31457
You can change "well known member" to anything (even "Ironman" or "Hulk" or "Banned" by going to your profile), like I am a "learner" which I truly am actually:happy:

This weekend I was going through a reverse CAGR formula and what it implies if one just buys and holds for 10years with regards to compounding.
https://cagrcalculator.net/reverse-cagr-result/
Principle amount 10lakh
No tinker buy and hold 10years
Let's take 3 examples
HDFC bank historical 10 year CAGR of 25% (source valueresearchonline.com)
Bajaj finance historical 10 year CAGR of 80%
Bank FD let's take current interest rate of 8%
Taxation will be different for FD and equity long term holdings

What one may get
HDFC bank 93lakh
Bajaj finance 35.7 crores
FD 21.5lakh

If we do invest in Bajaj finance and hold, it may be unsustainable to grow at 80% for next 10 years but...
One is most likely to get a CAGR of somewhere between 25 to 80, so between 1Cr to 35Cr.
Worst case scenario it behaves as badly as an FD, still one would save on taxes:cool:
Another scenario of doomsday etc least probable.
I am not implying that one should invest all his money in equity, that's stupid ofcourse, but just invest 10lakh when he has time on his side and forget to mess with it.
Sometimes I feel most of us try too hard to create wealth trading even tick charts, and still failing miserably both financially and emotionally....
Thing is trading may not be for everyone, but the above can be achieved by most.

Vivek
We can reduce the risk further by diversification...so select 4-5 scrips which will give above 20 % CAGR over next 10 years.Our economy is growing by 7% and the stock market will grow at 10-12 % CAGR and it will not be difficult to find 4-5 shares growing at 20-25 % CAGR .Our economy will be a 4-5 Trillion economy in next 10 years whichever Govt comes to power....so use short term fluctuations to our advantage and keep larger picture in mind....

ST

Exit polls are out now and still dead silence in this thread? I visited this thread to know how the big, experienced traders are seeing/taking BJP's plausible defeat in 3 states. Surprisingly, no reply/views on Monday's market opening!!

Kuch to margadarshan kariye hum gareebo ka...
From my posts on other forum :
Exit poll results are like predicting trend from BN option chain..
There will be multiple views and BN will move negating all the predictions
Heard in news:
Congress having edge in MP and Rajasthan
BJP favourite at Chhattisgarh
Again different channels will show different exit poll results.
And as counting goes on, there could be anxious positions(politically) will emerge.. And many retail traders will start behaving as if the results are the only important event for the markets.. Leading to much volatility..

My personal view:
Even in LS polls in 2019, major foreign investors will see whether any stable govt is formed..
Whether it is by BJP or CONGRESS is immaterial..
Because, in reality, there is no change in economic policy approach between these parties..
Only stable govt is all required.
I mean there is no major difference between these two main parties..
If any third front, without involving both BJP and Congress, is forming the govt will cause uncertain outlook in the eyes of the foreign investors.

View attachment 31457
No idea. Most likely a bug or may be a change of heart (which is very unlikely) of the powers that be. BTW, I never commited a high crime or serious misdemeanor to deserve this! But I'm ok, have come to terms and moved on. Now I visit the forum very randomly, and on special occasions, just to read views of experienced traders.