General Trading Chat

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Those were my initial days in Indian markets. After researching in about 350 stocks, I zeroed in on this one and at that time this was 80% of my portfolio.
My only point is if you have large investment then looking for dividends makes sense.Good to have a portfolio of dividend giving stocks and growth stocks.

sridhga

My only point is if you have large investment then looking for dividends makes sense.Good to have a portfolio of dividend giving stocks and growth stocks.
My salary was not really big. My goal was to build a pension plan out of it. I was super impressed by Warren Buffet's investment philosophy. I really don't have a big portfolio.

Last edited:

sridhga

I used to save more than half of my monthly salary during those days and buy VST at the prevailing market prices. Most of my money was in VST. I think these days people call such approach "Concentrated Investing".

One thing I need to alert you: You will get such opportunities only when everything around is depressing and Congress is in power. If Modi is in power you will not get those stock prices to build a good pension fund. These days I buy Government of India Bonds.

My salary was not really big. My goal was to build a pension plan out of it. I was super impressed by Warren Buffet's investment philosophy. I really don't have a big portfolio.
Why not start a new thread on Warren Buffet way of investments, which Indian Stocks qualify as per his critaria, how to build a pension plan etc....it will be great opportunity to learn from someone who has practiced these principles and invested accordingly....1-2 current case studies to explain the principles will be useful. Many are keen to learn this....

Smart_trade

About a decade ago ,on my birthday ,one of my trader friends presented to me a book called " Buffet Way" ... ( think that was the title) I tried to read it many times but I could not go beyond a few pages and was not able to apply those principles to Indian stocks at current times.....my shortcomings surely....so need someone to simplify things in Buffet way of investing...

Smart_trade

sridhga

Why not start a new thread on Warren Buffet way of investments, which Indian Stocks qualify as per his critaria, how to build a pension plan etc....it will be great opportunity to learn from someone who has practiced these principles and invested accordingly....1-2 current case studies to explain the principles will be useful. Many are keen to learn this....

Smart_trade
Okay Smart_trade, I will put together my notes to start such a thread. Under which category should I place such a thread?

sridhga

About a decade ago ,on my birthday ,one of my trader friends presented to me a book called " Buffet Way" ... ( think that was the title) I tried to read it many times but I could not go beyond a few pages and was not able to apply those principles to Indian stocks at current times.....my shortcomings surely....so need someone to simplify things in Buffet way of investing...

Smart_trade
That was my first book on Warren Buffett. But what I consider ultimate is his annual letters to shareholders.

Okay Smart_trade, I will put together my notes to start such a thread. Under which category should I place such a thread?
Thanks.....thread location is your choice.....put it under investments or if you want that you want to post undisturbed, then in Members forum.....

ST