General Trading Chat

I don't think that any newbie is cut out for trading BNF, or anything in F&O.

Spend some time, a year or two, in equities. Get a feel of how the price moves, the relation of different factors and the unpredictability of price. Get to know which suits you better - intraday, swing or positional.

I think you will need a homework of 3-4 years before getting into Futures.
Thanks.
I don't have a problem with f&o and bnf in general. I work in Investment banking with a strong finance background. I have experience in trading fno and calculating position sizing and expected volatility is comfortable for me. Being a day trader successfully is a different ballgame foe me but no issues conceptually or operationally. Its just what Sanju above said - not enough risk taking capacity perhaps.

Maybe I should do liquid slightly out of money options in BNF with less delta, which can cushion the sudden moves on wrong side..

iwillwin

Thanks.
I don't have a problem with f&o and bnf in general. I work in Investment banking with a strong finance background. I have experience in trading fno and calculating position sizing and expected volatility is comfortable for me. Being a day trader successfully is a different ballgame foe me but no issues conceptually or operationally. Its just what Sanju above said - not enough risk taking capacity perhaps.

Maybe I should do liquid slightly out of money options in BNF with less delta, which can cushion the sudden moves on wrong side..
Just take care of event days so as to protect capital....as an example you can take election results day chart or psb recapitalization day chart or demonetization day chart or budget day charts...
You may want to switch to cash market or option during highly volatile or high range days

Thanks.

Having a background in finance is definitely an advantage. F&O is just one segment of the market. You have experimented with it. Maybe a good time to explore the other segments too.

Thanks.
No offence here, but day trading as a retail is different from institutional play. So while investment banking will give you the required foundation, there is a wee bit of unlearning needed to become successful in day trading.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
ST sir,
The qualifier 13low should be lower than 8close (in a buy sequential), if 8 wasn't an interim low, would you consider the actual interim low in a similar way so as to reach at a actionable 13.
Thanks

Vivek

No offence here, but day trading as a retail is different from institutional play. So while investment banking will give you the required foundation, there is a wee bit of unlearning needed to become successful in day trading.
Wow !!!

Some guys have problem with the word PREDICTION
As if for prediction, one goes to the roof of the building, stands on the cliff, raises his both hands towards sky, murmurs some words and lo some divine power comes and put a piece of paper with the numbers. And its done. :DD :DD

ST sir,
The qualifier 13low should be lower than 8close (in a buy sequential), if 8 wasn't an interim low, would you consider the actual interim low in a similar way so as to reach at a actionable 13.
Thanks

Vivek
No, I will go with the 13th low should be lower than 8th close......if you wait for interim low, you may miss a slightly higher bottom buy signal....and anyways we wait for C >O which will take care of this lower interim low problem.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
No, I will go with the 13th low should be lower than 8th close......if you wait for interim low, you may miss a slightly higher bottom buy signal....and anyways we wait for C >O which will take care of this lower interim low problem.

Smart_trade
Sir
One more clarification, this 13/8 should also be mandatory in terminal 13?