General Trading Chat

I understand that. I am asking our members' experiences about it. Any other brokers offering this, except Finvasia ?
I havnt traded with F since this happened, so cant say more about it. But traders should not face any issue about it.

But IMO, this is a good step. As keeping money accounts separately, has its own disadvantages.
BTW, Tradejini, a Bengalur based brokerage is offering this since long and perhaps they were the first to do it.

Thanks. As for rewards points, even my debit card offers it, but the procedure for redeeming is very cumbersome and you have to shop at some other website for it.

Anyway, came across this article. What are Tax Saver FDs ?

Latest fixed deposit interest rates offered by top banks
Tax Saver FD, as name suggests, is an instrument for saving IT under 80C. It is of 5 years duration.
But not very popular (atleast my view), interest is normally less than FD of same duration, interest earned is taxable, one cannot take loan on it.
Instead of TaxS FD, NSC is a better option.

But for we traders, nothing is better than ELSS, (if one does not count for risk involved in equity)

lemondew

Learned from STda in all his posts.hence posting my opinion.Rest he can add or clarify.

The probabilities of a successful breakout increases when price consolidates before/near the support resistance level.Also it depends on how it has traveled to that resistance area.If the move has been steep there are more chances that it might fail.Regarding the entry.If you are the aggresive type then you might take the close of the breakout candle.
A rather conservative approach would be to enter at the failure of retest of the support and resistance.If the breakout is strong with momentum there might not be a retest immediately and you may miss the entry.
Recent example BN broke the 200 EMA with strong momentum but did retest it untill last friday.
Ok now lower timeframe vs higher timeframe early entry/exit vs too many entries/exit.

In lower tf if the breakout is successful then good low risk/ high point. But if we get stopped out as a breakout failure. Then 2 things.

1. We get early entry and better exit or we got a false entry which is still not there in higher tf. An entry and exit in lower tf may be a hammer candle which still didnt give an entry signal in higher tf.
2. We are shaken out in lower tf while the trade holds true in higher tf. This is very frustrating for traders. Here for longs the price closes back inside the resistance after breakout in lower tf. In higher tf it cooly closes above the level and continues its journey.

False breakouts are evils which a trader cannot avoid fully but we can reduce them .Observe what sanju005ind has posted above.I had written this post long time ago but I am glad to see Sanju005ind remembered it....

In spite of all the observations ,some breakouts which appear genuine will fail.But we have to get out on a small stoploss when it fails and probably reverse the position to play for breakout failures.....

Smart_trade
True ST But do you switch between various tfs or trade only 1 timeframe (dont mix low with high). I observed this and may be am checking this on backdata. For a sideways go in with lower tf.

In case of point 1 stated above we are taking some trades not there in higher timeframe.In case of point 2 we take some shake outs and reenter later in higher timeframe with high SLs for those slow moving trends.

lemondew

:up: I have posted some queries on breakouts too. Breakouts have a mystery and are good so long as we avoid the false ones with minor injuries and take the true ones fully.
Good afternoon ST Sir
Kindlly write 1-2 detailed posts on BREAKOUT FAILURE/REJECTION on weekends.
If possible, please write a detailed post on BREAKOUT FAILURE /REJECTION setups in intradaytrading , especially for taking perspective of 3/5 min TF
Thanks

Thanks Ravi Bro
I have read that book..But still I want knowledge of Our own ST DA about that as his every sentence is Gem.
thanks
Sure.. i am also waiting to hear ST sir views on this.
Just to drive my point, i am attaching a chart (i started using renko instead of candles to keep me focused well and act with confidence.)
This is classical example of rejection, entry with low risk, good follow up price action and exit with profits.. :)
I always wait for days like these :)

Attachments

Good afternoon ST Sir
Kindlly write 1-2 detailed posts on BREAKOUT FAILURE/REJECTION on weekends.
If possible, please write a detailed post on BREAKOUT FAILURE /REJECTION setups in intradaytrading , especially for taking perspective of 3/5 min TF
Thanks
If the market is trending then breakouts have better chances of success...if the market is sideways ,breakouts have more chances of failures...so first we have to judge if the markets are trending and then expect breakouts to work out or fail....

Smart_trade

Ok now lower timeframe vs higher timeframe early entry/exit vs too many entries/exit.

In lower tf if the breakout is successful then good low risk/ high point. But if we get stopped out as a breakout failure. Then 2 things.

1. We get early entry and better exit or we got a false entry which is still not there in higher tf. An entry and exit in lower tf may be a hammer candle which still didnt give an entry signal in higher tf.
2. We are shaken out in lower tf while the trade holds true in higher tf. This is very frustrating for traders. Here for longs the price closes back inside the resistance after breakout in lower tf. In higher tf it cooly closes above the level and continues its journey.

True ST But do you switch between various tfs or trade only 1 timeframe (dont mix low with high). I observed this and may be am checking this on backdata. For a sideways go in with lower tf.

In case of point 1 stated above we are taking some trades not there in higher timeframe.In case of point 2 we take some shake outs and reenter later in higher timeframe with high SLs for those slow moving trends.
For intraday I just see 5/3 min timeframe ...
Try taking breakouts from a consolidation, they have better success rate.....
I try to be out of any trade when market is just limping around and going sideways.......that saves my energy and capital losses.I have no problem if I dont take a trade for the full day......if the market is volatile in large range but sideways, then I have my systems which give small profits with small risk...but if the market is not moving I prefer not to trade...

Smart_trade
You have to find out what works for you...what works for someone else may not work for you.....