General Trading Chat

onequorauser

I do not think I am in a position to dish out any advice on this but I would just add one more thing here.

You said you were targeting Sept. Unless there is a pressing reason to do so in Sept., why not set the parameters in terms of of the capital you are able to generate as opposed to any time based criterion to decide the next course of action.

Just to add to this, there is an excellent thread by madan. Its called musings of a professional trader. Strongly recommended to be read COMPLETELY before you decide to take the next step.
Thanks for recommending this thread. I am reading it now and seems like an amazing thread. There seem to be a lot of questions answered on the thread there for which I had been searching for answers all these years.

I do not think I am in a position to dish out any advice on this but I would just add one more thing here.

You said you were targeting Sept. Unless there is a pressing reason to do so in Sept., why not set the parameters in terms of of the capital you are able to generate as opposed to any time based criterion to decide the next course of action.
I am trying to quit by Sept for personal as well as some professional related reasons. I will however have to think of taking the plunge only when the money is ready ofcourse.

But if the situations become hard, I will have no other alternative/ option other than to start trading full-time as a regular profession by the said time.

St sir, when a price is rejected by a bearish candle with a good volume (above 50sma on volume) followed by 3-4 days range and then price closes above the High of bearish rejection bar with a volume lesser than the rejection volume (i.e effort taken to close above rejection price is lesser than effort to reject), is that a valid break out or false/ suspicious breakout?

Thanks

St sir, when a price is rejected by a bearish candle with a good volume (above 50sma on volume) followed by 3-4 days range and then price closes above the High of bearish rejection bar with a volume lesser than the rejection volume (i.e effort taken to close above rejection price is lesser than effort to reject), is that a valid break out or false/ suspicious breakout?

Thanks
To me it means that the bears who hammered the price down resulting into rejection were unable to press it down further in next 3-4 days. Sensing this, the bulls are again trying to gain control and they succeeded in closing above the high of the rejection candle so now bulls are calling the shots.This is the situation as of now....but it may change as bears will try another attempt at pressing down the prices.But as of now bears are overpowered by the bulls .

Smart_trade

okabira

@Smart_trade / @travi / @vivektrader / @VJAY ji and others
Any one invested in Liquid fund ?

If yes then which are some good ones ?

Is Avg yearly return the only parameter to judge a fund ?

not able to find info in Indian market context ..

help ! never invested in liquid fund .. so

Last edited:
@Smart_trade / @travi / @vivektrader / @VJAY ji and others
Any one invested in Liquid fund ?

If yes then which are some good ones ?

Is Avg yearly return the only parameter to judge a fund ?

not able to find info in Indian market context ..

help ! never invested in liquid fund .. so
I have invested in Reliance Liquid Fund, and also short term debt funds of HDFC Mutual Fund and Franklin Templeton MF, But I have invested in them just with the idea of parking my excess funds before I invest in equity funds when the market dips or by way of STP. I am not investing in them for steady returns, but it is only short term parking arrangement. I find all the 3 pretty good for purpose of parking the excess funds.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

okabira

I have invested in Reliance Liquid Fund, and also short term debt funds of HDFC Mutual Fund and Franklin Templeton MF, But I have invested in them just with the idea of parking my excess funds before I invest in equity funds when the market dips or by way of STP. I am not investing in them for steady returns, but it is only short term parking arrangement. I find all the 3 pretty good for purpose of parking the excess funds.

Smart_trade

I was viewing DSP BlackRock , and HDFC .
Will go through reliance and FT as well today .

Thanks for helping !!

onequorauser

Is there any way to get a global crosshair on amibroker if you are using multiple charts linked by symbol link? It is pretty straight forward in NT but am not able to do so in Ami.. Any inputs will be helpful