General Trading Chat

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
SGX Nifty doesn't appreciate. so i dont think tomorrow market will go up because of that.
Such news has the positive impact in long-term as the procedure will take time. India buys crude at cheaper price from Iran.
It's really a good news for Oil Stocks at least.

Bank Nifty down from crucial technical resistances and Small Cap, Mid Cap, PSU Banks, Metal, Pharma are still very weak.
So immediate strong bounce back may be difficult. The market may test the lower previous breakout channel as support.

Only a few blue chips are pushing the market. Bank Nifty came to 250-750 range again. It's mainly a day traders market.

Last edited:

travi

Why isn’t the results posted by Ashok Leyland not cheered up by the markets? To me the quarterly numbers look very good. Not sure if I’m missing something.

Cheers
AK
Since the story was reported yest, Ashok Leyland and similar stocks related to Truck transportation saw a lot of price drops.
Although the detail isn't clear, Transport Authorities have decided to increase the Max Load per axle.

In layman terms, overloading from current capacity, means more weight (goods) per Truck and assumption is lower Truck sales.

Why isn’t the results posted by Ashok Leyland not cheered up by the markets? To me the quarterly numbers look very good. Not sure if I’m missing something.

Cheers
AK
Since the story was reported yest, Ashok Leyland and similar stocks related to Truck transportation saw a lot of price drops.
Although the detail isn't clear, Transport Authorities have decided to increase the Max Load per axle.

In layman terms, overloading from current capacity, means more weight (goods) per Truck and assumption is lower Truck sales.
Ah, I see. But with the stellar numbers i thought AL would be flying through.

Cheers
AK

headstrong007

:) were are you, Today BNF Open=LOw + buy...did u trade Today???;)
Traded that opportunity. Was long above 26800 small stop below daily pivot. That stop never hit. But my target 27035 hit and market moved further. That was resistance, the market may retest again as support.
Missed my short order around 27140. But who cares, already got enough.

I was expecting that Bank Nifty to hit 26500-50 oi support band then bounces back to 27000, overall positive day.
But, just followed Open=Low and wait. Stop never hit but target hit. That's market, whatever we think, at the end of the day market rewards the follower. :)

Imp obs:
Band nifty in roughly 2%->500-550pt range. The previous range was 26250-26750. Now after breakout probably the range shifted to roughly 26700-27200. :) It is mainly a day traders market, not much follow up after a strong up or down day.

Blackhole

Traded that opportunity. Was long above 26800 small stop below daily pivot. That stop never hit. But my target 27035 hit and market moved further. That was resistance, the market may retest again as support.

I was expecting that Bank Nifty to hit 26500-50 oi support band then bounces back to 27000, overall positive day.
But, just followed Open=Low and wait. Stop never hit but target hit. That's market, whatever we think, at the end of the day market rewards the follower. :)

Imp obs:
Band nifty in roughly 2%->500-550pt range. The previous range was 26250-26750. Now after breakout probably the range shifted to roughly 26700-27200. :) It is mainly a day traders market, not much follow up after a strong up or down day.

---same here --- but with some weekly strangle and straddle...:) Good day ;)

headstrong007

Yesterday's my pending resistance 27140 acted as support after gapped up. Caught long@27140 nearly the days low.
Squared off 2/3rd nearly 27200(highest Oi resistance).. Rest 1-3rd trailing. :) Job done.

I was tired due to late night.. The market is kind to me today.