General Trading Chat

Govt considers merging IDBI, Central Bank, and OBC into BoB

If the bank merger plan goes through, the resulting entity will become the second largest bank in the country after State Bank of India, with combined assets of ₹16.58 trillion
I will be looking for combined liabilities (especially those hidden under the carpet still). Also, bank merger has two broad aspects - complementing competencies and reducing labour costs. You can merge all the entities you want, but unless the second step is taken (socially and economically painful and politically unviable), nothing much is going to change except for a consolidated balance sheet and P&L statement.

Last edited:

pannet1

whenever people say price action ... i always think that they are not dependent on any indicator ... so another way to see VWAP is combination of volume and price .... one could still see price and volume seperately and call it price action.

just like it does with moving average ..... price breaks VWAP and fails to go up ... kisses VWAP and goes down ... all crazy things happen .... but its nice to see VWAP used to squeeze the last drop of profit from the market ... because you just need a single point of reference for the action (of getting out)

pannet1

I will be looking for combined liabilities (especially those hidden under the carpet still). Also, bank merger has two broad aspects - complementing competencies and reducing labour costs. You can merge all the entities you want, but unless the second step is taken (socially and economically painful and politically unviable), nothing much is going to change except for a consolidated balance sheet and P&L statement.
there was mahilav bank and they merged with the very customer unfriendly SBI. there are still some govt. banks that are giving some good service to a limited set of prime customers. some of the managers are very approachable and really service minded. the merger kills these people and take everyone under the common bureacracy.

onequorauser

If you are referring to "right sizing" the merged entities in terms of employees and real estate, I think it may be a long wait. I think at most they might lay out the VRSs and that too some time after teh merger. Real estate could take even longer. But I believe the government now does have a repository of lessons learnt and might be able to expedite.

I am not sure if there is any way to arrive at the liabilities which are hidden under the carpet. There seems to be a huge carpet taking in Indian banking sector taking up piles of rot underneath. More nd more seems to be coming out every day..

Satya.

whenever people say price action ... i always think that they are not dependent on any indicator ... so another way to see VWAP is combination of volume and price .... one could still see price and volume seperately and call it price action.

just like it does with moving average ..... price breaks VWAP and fails to go up ... kisses VWAP and goes down ... all crazy things happen .... but its nice to see VWAP used to squeeze the last drop of profit from the market ... because you just need a single point of reference for the action (of getting out)
wher is volume in vwap? :wideyed: