General Trading Chat

suri112000

The next step is ........
Traders should not short.
Traders should not buy multiple lots.
Traders should punch in their Aadhar number when placing a trade.
Traders should not forget their PAN when trading.
Traders should use the strategies sold by SEBI, NSE and BSE.
Traders should pass dubba trading by hitting 70%.
Traders............
Traders............

I strongly believe that this is nothing but circumventing the financial freedom ie denial of fundamental right ie right to earn livelihood.:mad:

Last edited:

TraderGYO

I've yet to come across a breed of Traders who in their 1st-2nd year of trading are having multi-lot positions in index fut/stock Fut and hitting home runs :D:D:D
I don't know if ST sir knows them :p
(i say multi-lot bcos all the interpretation of single lot trading doesn't seem to be possibly blocked by the policy)
I trade with single lot but the problem is I am new and 3 years ITR is a problem. May be Networth certificate is the way but being from a semi-urban area and being able to get a hold of a CA will be tough. I do not know of any online route to get net worth certificate.

Last edited:

TraderGYO

Brother for you it is best to learn trading in cash markets where you can trade small.....perfect your trading, make money,accumalate capital and then graduate into F & O.....

Traders may see this as a spoke in their wheels of getting rich quickly but remember that 90 % of the traders fail....and if one is undercapitalised,with less money to fall back on if things go wrong things will be tough for such traders....when trader becomes profitable, he accumalates capital, files his IT returns ,builds his networth and then he can trade bigger in F & O....slow process but much more stable.

Smart_trade
Only argument I would make is that I have experienced much higher slippage and partial fillings in stocks compared to a lot in futures.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
SEBI is gone crazy...
1. As per major discount brokers, more than 90% traders have less than 1lakh in the account. I know they are the starters who want to take trading as the profession. They are just common people of India students or average or low income younger peoples mainly, not satisfied with their present condition. They want to be self-employed. Is that dreaming and trying is a crime?
2. Also, another big question is that practical to remove 80-90% of traders. High-income people, who satisfied with jobs rarely come to trading. Struggling people come and independent-minded and few passioned people come for trading.
3. Most importantly Cash trading is never a replacement for F&O. No one can sell first and swing trade in cash. Not all people want to intraday trading, swing trading is comparatively easy.
4. And what about Index trading? Most people are trading in Index F&O. They can't force them to individual stock trading.
5. Actually, I know the hidden criteria from SEBI. They just want to shift the volume from F&O to cash market by implementing absurd conditions.
6. But, by this way, by removing most of the traders(95% losers most of them trading with below 1 lakh capital) they will create a big imbalance in the market. If u remove 90% loosers and select mainly winners to fight between them then...the whole structure of the market will change soon... in the worst way....bcoz they hurting the basic structure...
7. Probably Sebi is thinking that if they ban most of the retail F&O traders they will start trading intraday cash. So that FII-DII can get more liquidity, less slippage. Unfortunately, this will not happen. It is historically proved without F&O or less volume in F&O market become stagnant. The stocks will become rangebound and the whole Index will lose momentum.

Finally, I am very upset today. In my whole life, I tried to teach many newcomers about my experience, how to survive, how to make money in the long run etc etc. Bcoz I love trading. It's my passion. When I see someone making money in trading, I feel glad...

I become a trader from virtually zero...This is my first profession. My trading capital was less than 1 lakh. So, SEBI want to ban real traders like me who make it possible only bcoz of passion for trading?

If someone is very successful in another profession why he/she should try trading? Is that trading is a crime? Can no one try Trading as the first profession? In the whole world, many college students are trading.. Why not in India? What if someone wants to trade with pocket money to gain experience in swing trading using options with limited risk?

.............I can make the list long enough but may be a waste of time..............

But, I expect furious action from discount brokers and all type of common traders...Let's see...
But, they will ban option trading where the premium is very low? Accroding to lncome tax if gross income is less than 2.5 Lakh no one need to submit any document. So if some student say, his yearly income is 1 lakh, say by teaching. And he wants to trade with capital 10,000-20,000 using options. They how SEBI ban him?

I want to take a break from all type of trading forums, really... teaching to newcomers is now a waste of time as SEBI wants to ban them from trading F&O.
As a high volume F&O trader, I am also concerned about liquidity with such moves. Very upset, really....

Last edited:
John sir, I fully agree with your views...but SEBI and the Govt do not agree with our views that is the problem....I did not like LTCG on stocks but as it is imposed, we have to fall in line.....no choice.

Smart_trade
Yeah I am also worrying about our fate. we have no other choice. We dont need to worry. Government and SEBI they themselves will be hit by this rule if people are washed out to not to trade then their taxes pertaining to F&O trading will be hit severely. Then they will realize. I would expect discount brokers to stand for us to oppose this decision to SEBI and government. If they dont raise their voice then they will also die along with us.

SEBI is gone crazy...
1. As per major discount brokers, more than 90% traders have less than 1lakh in the account. I know they are the starters who want to take trading as the profession. They are just common people of India students or average or low income younger peoples mainly, not satisfied with their present condition. They want to be self-employed. Is that dreaming and trying is a crime?
2. Also, another big question is that practical to remove 80-90% of traders. High-income people, who satisfied with jobs rarely come to trading. Struggling people come and independent-minded and few passioned people come for trading.
3. Most importantly Cash trading is never a replacement for F&O. No one can sell first and swing trade in cash. Not all people want to intraday trading, swing trading is comparatively easy.
4. And what about Index trading? Most people are trading in Index F&O. They can't force them to individual stock trading.
5. Actually, I know the hidden criteria from SEBI. They just want to shift the volume from F&O to cash market by implementing absurd conditions.
6. But, by this way, by removing most of the traders(95% losers most of them trading with below 1 lakh capital) they will create a big imbalance in the market. If u remove 90% winners and select mainly winners to fight between them then...the whole structure of the market will change soon... in the worst way....bcoz they hurting the basic structure...
7. Probably Sebi is thinking that if they ban most of the retail F&O traders they will start trading intraday cash. So that FII-DII can get more liquidity, less slippage. Unfortunately, this will not happen. It is historically proved without F&O or less volume in F&O market become stagnant. The stocks will become rangebound and the whole Index will lose momentum.

Finally, I am very upset today. In my whole life, I tried to teach many newcomers about my experience, how to survive, how to make money in the long run etc etc. Bcoz I love trading. It's my passion. When I see someone making money in trading, I feel glad...

I become a trader from virtually zero...This is my first profession. My trading capital was less than 1 lakh. So, SEBI want to ban real traders like me who make it possible only bcoz of passion for trading?

If someone is very successful in another profession why he/she should try trading? Is that trading is a crime? Can no one try Trading as the first profession? In the whole world, many college students are trading.. Why not in India? What if someone wants to trade with pocket money to gain experience in swing trading using options with limited risk?

.............I can make the list long enough but may be a waste of time..............

But, I expect furious action from discount brokers and all type of common traders...Let's see...
But, they will ban option trading where the premium is very low? Accroding to lncome tax if gross income is less than 2.5 Lakh no one need to submit any document. So if some student say, his yearly income is 1 lakh, say by teaching. And he wants to trade with capital 10,000-20,000 using options. They how SEBI ban him?

I want to take a break from all type of trading forums, really... teaching to newcomers is now a waste of time as SEBI wants to ban them from trading F&O.
As a high volume F&O trader, I am also concerned about liquidity with such moves. Very upset, really....
Well said bro, Especially the 7th point.
But my humble request to you since you said you liked helping new comers to trading, dont stop it. Just because they are rude you dont need to be. You continue getting pleasure by helping others. Because it is really rare to see people who like to help. Think about it. Cheers mate.

The next step is ........
Traders should not short.
Traders should not buy multiple lots.
Traders should punch in their Aadhar number when placing a trade.
Traders should not forget their PAN when trading.
Traders should use the strategies sold by SEBI, NSE and BSE.
Traders should pass dubba trading by hitting 70%.
Traders............
Traders............

I strongly believe that this is nothing but circumventing the financial freedom ie denial of fundamental right ie right to earn livelihood.:mad:
brother, our fundamental rights in this country is already gone when we are forced to use aadhaar number for everything. Dont be surprised if vegetable sellers and the toilet counter in railway stations ask you aadhaar number. I really dont understand why supreme court is still prolonging this case. Government introduced this aadhaar number by saying it is mandatory to receive government benefits. Other than that it should not force us to use aadhaar number for anything. Even telecom operators are sending sms, if we dont link aadhaar number then mobile number will be disconnected. :(

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
@john302928,
thanks bro. But when we are really upset, it's really hard to communicate as usual, until the mind stabilizes.. So I will take my time...
-----------
Don't know how SEBI can do this to the trading community when their role is to protect the community. They are just cutting the head to remove a headache. o_O