General Trading Chat

Depends on STCG is under which section

111A - 15%
Outside 111A - Added to regular income and taxed according to income slab.

Mostly shares etc will fall under 111A so will be taxed 15%
If we dont have any other income and have only STCG of 2L then why do we need to pay tax as NIL slab itself is 2.5L ?

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Except the title of this article, article doesnt have any information about the tick data free service and where we can get it and when we can get it besides all whether retail traders are allowed to get that free tick data or not. Enlighten me if I missed any information from the article
It says Tick by Tick data to members. I hope they pass it down to retail traders if not free but at a reduced cost.

lemondew

One cant do cash too without income looks like....

V.To reflect global initiatives on product suitability, a framework has been approved. Individual investors may freely take exposure in the market(cash and derivatives) upto a computed exposure based on their disclosed income as per their Income Tax Return(ITR) over a period of time.

Brother for you it is best to learn trading in cash markets where you can trade small.....perfect your trading, make money,accumalate capital and then graduate into F & O.....

Traders may see this as a spoke in their wheels of getting rich quickly but remember that 90 % of the traders fail....and if one is undercapitalised,with less money to fall back on if things go wrong things will be tough for such traders....when trader becomes profitable, he accumalates capital, files his IT returns ,builds his networth and then he can trade bigger in F & O....slow process but much more stable.

Smart_trade

If we dont have any other income and have only STCG of 2L then why do we need to pay tax as NIL slab itself is 2.5L ?
We can raise this on CANIKHIL thread and get a definite answer.

ST

TraderGYO

As per SEBI "To reflect global initiatives on product suitability, a framework has been approved. Individual investors may freely take exposure in the market(cash and derivatives)upto a computed exposure based on their disclosed income as per their Income Tax Return(ITR) over a period of time.For exposure beyond the computed exposure, the intermediary would be required to undertake rigorous due diligence and take appropriate documentation from the investor."
My question is what does this "Income Tax Return(ITR) over a period of time." mean?

As per SEBI "To reflect global initiatives on product suitability, a framework has been approved. Individual investors may freely take exposure in the market(cash and derivatives)upto a computed exposure based on their disclosed income as per their Income Tax Return(ITR) over a period of time.For exposure beyond the computed exposure, the intermediary would be required to undertake rigorous due diligence and take appropriate documentation from the investor."
My question is what does this "Income Tax Return(ITR) over a period of time." mean?
They may average last 3 years income declared in last 3 ITR....alternatively they may decide some networth critaria also.

Smart_trade

They may average last 3 years income declared in last 3 ITR....alternatively they may decide some networth critaria also.

Smart_trade
People who lose money in F&O,we ourselves dont care and we know what we are doing and even if we make loss we only lose our money. Then why are they making these kinds of stupid rules. Based on ITR they derive our net worth and we cant have exposure more than networth. What is this? Its my money , I can do whatever i want. Brokers have systems in place to square off the trade if margin falls the prescribed limit.What is the issue with these people?Not even a single good strategist there in the panel ? God has to save this country