General Trading Chat

Vix fall big ........................ just a couple of day before big event (Budget) ...... ?? :eek:

even today down 2.5% ... (edit- now 4%)

Last edited:
------------------ Duplicate Post -----------------------

Last edited:
Orient bank opened 4% gap down today. But it opened open=low, and has had about 3% upmove so far. It has already crossed yesterday's low (116.20) and looks like it will fill the gap too. How to trade it for rest of the session ? Still sell on rise ?? Maybe the upmove is just catching up with averages.

upload_2018-1-31_10-6-53.png

bpr

tatasteel lot size changed overnight ??
found it Tatasteel Rights ratio 2:25
Record Date: Feb 01
Ex Rights: Jan 31
Premium : Rs 605
anybody explain rights issue to me and how it affects futures ?

so far understood every 25 shares the shareholder can apply for 2 shares to buy at discounted rate
and futures lot increased from 1000 to 1061 (6 percent ) and stock down by 6 percent roughly

What happens to somebody holding futures long or short ??

It is 8 ema/ 21 ema on 1 or 3 min. If ADX is above 18 and trending up, there is a possible trade. ADX trending in 3 min is a stronger indicator for me. Orientbank is the flavor of this month. I enter in 250 quantity at 5 paisa interval.

But the most important thing is the exit. In day trading (in my personal opinion), it doesn't matter much whether you make 10 paisa or 1 rupee, as long as you exit in profit, or minimum loss.

Today I shouldn't have traded OBC because it was the result day, but it had a very strong downtrend move on almost all timeframes from 1 min to 30 min, so I got greedy and had a small trade.

These are my OBC trades today. A small day, but on other days there may be 4-5 such occasions.

View attachment 23887

I know that there may be many improvements available, but this one suits my temperament.
Thanks for the detailed explanation!

TODAY's RESULT .......

travi

found it Tatasteel Rights ratio 2:25
Record Date: Feb 01
Ex Rights: Jan 31
Premium : Rs 605
anybody explain rights issue to me and how it affects futures ?

so far understood every 25 shares the shareholder can apply for 2 shares to buy at discounted rate
and futures lot increased from 1000 to 1061 (6 percent ) and stock down by 6 percent roughly

What happens to somebody holding futures long or short ??
I think the rights issue has the same effect as a split, and therefore the Total contract value will remain the same as you have stated,
Lot size increases and price decreases so there is no change in total value to anyone's position long or short.

bpr

I think the rights issue has the same effect as a split, and therefore the Total contract value will remain the same as you have stated,
Lot size increases and price decreases so there is no change in total value to anyone's position long or short.
my overnight short future showing profit though with the increased lot size ??

Do I have to book it today ?

will the profit evaporate if I continue to hold past record date ??

I don't understand ....I must be missing something ...

travi

my overnight short future showing profit though with the increased lot size ??

Do I have to book it today ?

will the profit evaporate if I continue to hold past record date ??

I don't understand ....I must be missing something ...
I'm not an expert but you can just continue holding, as
1) you need not book anything today
2) Profit will not evaporate past record date

from the chart, it simply appears that this stock opened lower in value compared to the technical adjustment and hence your short is in profit.
Some other steels stocks are also lower than prev close.
so it might be a -6% adjustment and 2% drop in value, hence your profit. The premium would have also changed a bit so just ride your trade.