General Trading Chat

Dear all,

Was thinking of opening a thread here in TJ as i have lot of free time in hand. Have not been trading for the last 6 months and planning to start back trading this January 2018. All-in-all, the break would be for 8 months. I was just joking to my trader friend that i might accidentally buy instead of selling within the first 10 days of starting trading again in Jan :)

Reason for the break - We have been blessed with a baby boy 2.5 months ago and started the break when my wife was 8 months pregnant. It was a great decision as i am/was able to spend dedicated time to my wife and baby. He is lot of fun. Initial days were pretty hard on us with lack of sleep.

Long story short, have lot of free time in hand and wanted to write some stuff related to trading. Am not sure what to write or how to take the thread forward(when i start one). What you guys think? Any ideas would be welcomed.

My system is just a pivot based system on 30 minutes and there are wonderful threads by many good traders in this very forum already on it (beaten to the core). Dont want to repeat the same music again. So, will not post charts (very novice in charting) but can discuss anything related to methods, backtesting, psychology, MM, risk control, how to start trading small,moving from part time to full time trading(if at all), increasing position size, how to save/invest money outside trading to sustain long term, funny US market stories, floor trading experience of my mentor, trading rules, Discipline, Market knowledge(why overflowing info can be constipation for us), Mechanical vs Discetionary trading, Automated trading, Trading softwares, even running AWS servers for automated trading( have fair experience on automated trading)....the thread will be like my thoughts flowing freely out of the mind and any kind of questions are welcome.

Whatever that goes on that thread will be from my experience/or heard from my mentor/fellow respectable traders and not hearsay(from strangers) or bookish.

As opinions are like bellybuttons(We all have one), am sure the discussions will be mentally rewarding and rejuvenating, to say the least.

Please pour in your ideas.

Dear Madan ,

Wellcome and Best wishes for your new thread....... please share all the trading related stuff whatever in your Mind and Heart........:)

HEM

Last edited:
Dear all,

Was thinking of opening a thread here in TJ as i have lot of free time in hand. Have not been trading for the last 6 months and planning to start back trading this January 2018. All-in-all, the break would be for 8 months. I was just joking to my trader friend that i might accidentally buy instead of selling within the first 10 days of starting trading again in Jan :)

Reason for the break - We have been blessed with a baby boy 2.5 months ago and started the break when my wife was 8 months pregnant. It was a great decision as i am/was able to spend dedicated time to my wife and baby. He is lot of fun. Initial days were pretty hard on us with lack of sleep.

Long story short, have lot of free time in hand and wanted to write some stuff related to trading. Am not sure what to write or how to take the thread forward(when i start one). What you guys think? Any ideas would be welcomed.

My system is just a pivot based system on 30 minutes and there are wonderful threads by many good traders in this very forum already on it (beaten to the core). Dont want to repeat the same music again. So, will not post charts (very novice in charting) but can discuss anything related to methods, backtesting, psychology, MM, risk control, how to start trading small,moving from part time to full time trading(if at all), increasing position size, how to save/invest money outside trading to sustain long term, funny US market stories, floor trading experience of my mentor, trading rules, Discipline, Market knowledge(why overflowing info can be constipation for us), Mechanical vs Discetionary trading, Automated trading, Trading softwares, even running AWS servers for automated trading( have fair experience on automated trading)....the thread will be like my thoughts flowing freely out of the mind and any kind of questions are welcome.

Whatever that goes on that thread will be from my experience/or heard from my mentor/fellow respectable traders and not hearsay(from strangers) or bookish.

As opinions are like bellybuttons(We all have one), am sure the discussions will be mentally rewarding and rejuvenating, to say the least.

Congrats @madank. Its a wonderful feeling to be a father :joyful:

I'd like to hear your views on Scalping.

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
Dear all,

Dear Madan,

Great to hear that. Please do post more on using trading tools like Amibroker and other softwares, and data providers, and how to do back testing on these softwares.

Thanks.

madank

Market participant
Thanks for the wishes.

@XRAY27 - thought you congratulated me on the baby and guess you edited that response :)

@vagar11 @praveen98 @Kumar . - will answer your questions in the thread.

Rain has started here in chennai - so some shopping has to be done this weekend. Will try to open the thread this weekend. Still am confused on the flow. Let's see !!

Any help on the name of the thread? would appreciate it !!

XRAY27

Thanks for the wishes.

@XRAY27 - thought you congratulated me on the baby and guess you edited that response :)

@vagar11 @praveen98 @Kumar . - will answer your questions in the thread.

Rain has started here in chennai - so some shopping has to be done this weekend. Will try to open the thread this weekend. Still am confused on the flow. Let's see !!

Any help on the name of the thread? would appreciate it !!
Yes sir !!! edited in hurry want to write a long post on the topic of fatherhood, but thought it is not the right place !! Congratulations for your fatherhood !!! There is nothing sweeter in this world then smell of newborn baby breath !!!

Dear all,

Congratulations and welcome back

Dear all,

HEM