General Trading Chat

[/QUOTE
I have bought a slightly out of the money put debit spread as a hedge for the Diwali break, my maximum risk is INR 536.25 & maximum reward is INR 3213.75

Strategy Hedge Construction
+10100PE -30.2 (Outflow)
-10050PE +23.05 (Inflow)
Debit - 7.15 (Maximum Risk)

Strategy Payoff Graph
View attachment 22998
I have established hedge position in nifty through a put debit spread[/QUOTE]

The downside hedge so far is in the money , now i will take it off next week.

Whats the time factor in stock trading. I have seen some movement around 1 PM. So what the time factor that makes some movement in stock price.......
Happy Diwali :)

Every such day makes me feel more humble. On Wednesday during last hour my short trade triggered and I was like ke bacha tum phas gaye . But on numerous occasions I have felt my system knows better than me. I am fairly bad in seeing what's coming next but my system never fails.

Keep following the system you have backtested.

bpr

Every such day makes me feel more humble. On Wednesday during last hour my short trade triggered and I was like ke bacha tum phas gaye . But on numerous occasions I have felt my system knows better than me. I am fairly bad in seeing what's coming next but my system never fails.

Keep following the system you have backtested.
Same happened to me in one of stock futures ....
trading is all about doing stuff that you are uncomfortable ...many newcomers will fail in this department ...
only comes with experience..

Trading can be mastered if you concentrate your efforts on how you will react to price rather than desiring to predict it. Reacting is a business decision, predicting is an ego play.

Trading is a business and if you treat it as anything else you will be a loser.

Losing traders spend a great deal of time forecasting where the market will be tomorrow. Winning traders spend most of their time thinking about how traders will react to what the market is doing now, and they plan their strategy accordingly.

If one were to ask a successful trader where he thought a particular market was going to be tomorrow, the most likely response would be a shrug of the shoulders and a simple comment that he would follow the market wherever it wanted to go.
Yes, yes, Manoj bhai, sahi kaha

Prediction is something like this
you go the terrace of your building
you spread your both hands towards sky
you pray to The Almighty God or
may be you chant some mantras
and by the time you finish
an holy angel or a holy appears
and hand over a piece of paper(or whatever it is)
with an inscription of the prediction or numbers for today and for tomorrow, on it

Kyon sahi kaha na maine !!!!!!!!!!!!

Manoj bhai
prediction or analysis is not like the way, what you do and post your levels daily
check open price of NF and BNF, add x points and subtract x points and post in the thread.
or really it is done like that only

BTW, what do you think
what is analysis and why it is done and whats its use.
This question open to all

Trading can be mastered if you concentrate your efforts on how you will react to price rather than desiring to predict it. Reacting is a business decision, predicting is an ego play.

Trading is a business and if you treat it as anything else you will be a loser.

Losing traders spend a great deal of time forecasting where the market will be tomorrow. Winning traders spend most of their time thinking about how traders will react to what the market is doing now, and they plan their strategy accordingly.

If one were to ask a successful trader where he thought a particular market was going to be tomorrow, the most likely response would be a shrug of the shoulders and a simple comment that he would follow the market wherever it wanted to go.
Okay, Manoj bhai
you said
"Trading can be mastered if you concentrate your efforts on how you will react to price"
I wont ask you to teach us, how to react to price in real time, (because like me you might not like to share it)

but at least you can show us in practical, what you have said.
can you please post us for a few days (5-10 days), your reaction on price, time frame you can choose as per your wish, 1 min will be too short to post your reaction (though I wont mind, if you can) 5/15/30/60 min, whatever is your choice, but that should be posted immediately and not after a gap (within 1 min for 5 min tf and within 5 min of 15/30/60 min tf)

Ready to do it.

Need 1 min data for NS, NF, BN and BNF for 19.10.17
I thought to download these from NEST but NEST has no data for 19.10.17

I will be thankful if someone please post it.