General Trading Chat

lemondew

Vix was around 16 on 8 nov 2016. Press had already predicted hillary win. Then there was a surprise. Same around brexit the day before i remeber chatting here and we closed at high. People assuming a vote for no. It was very high during modi election results time. now its around 11.

Do you have any benchmark what is high and low.

Vix is also a good indicator during events. It was already high during the events you mentioned and there was a sudden spike in it during the last hour of the day before.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Vix was around 16 on 8 nov 2016. Press had already predicted hillary win. Then there was a surprise. Same around brexit the day before i remeber chatting here and we closed at high. People assuming a vote for no. It was very high during modi election results time. now its around 11.

Do you have any benchmark what is high and low.
Well benchmark is a very subjective thing in my humble opinion. During modi 2014 vix was around 30 but during trump 2016 it was only 16.

What should be noted is how vix moves leading upto a news. Maybe 3-4 days before. Plus during modi 2014 vix crashed day after because vix didn't rise leading upto the news. It was already high 10 days prior. During trump 2016 it was very active.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk