General Trading Chat

madank

Market participant
Sir,

Perfect understanding !!! my intra/positional is mechanical and swing is 80 % mechanical !!! i'm not at par of any trading Guru !!! i'm just 2 years old in swing/positional after coming out from FOMO ,
but intra now 9th year in action !!!
i also tried to add on in intra/positional ,but suffered a lot...so i final concluded my self with this !!!
Logging into TJ after a long time. Whole outlook has changed for better :)

Scaling in vs All-in is a vast topic by itself but based on my understanding - there is no real advantage in scaling-in except for the mental satisfaction of losing less(purportedly losing less) but law of averages would infamously catch up with scaling-in as well. But, if one goes to the bottom-line to understand the parameters, it all comes down to how much we can earn from a strategy(in terms of returns) and how much we are willing to lose (max DD) to attain that average returns.

Without going into further details, i can assure you that all-in is much better in terms of returns(w.r.t risk) but if one needs psychological comfort, scaling-in would suit them. So, it all boils down to individual's preference (maximum retruns w.r.t risk vs psychological comfort). There is nothing right or wrong but there is no empirical evidence favoring scaling-in except for the mental comfort. If we talk about returns/utilising our capital optimally, then all-in is much better.

There was a post that talks about scaling-out vs all-out(exit MM is more important that entry MM in my opinion). Thought of posting it here again.

http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/general-trading-chat.96368/page-4408#post-1175135

XRAY27

Logging into TJ after a long time. Whole outlook has changed for better :)

Scaling in vs All-in is a vast topic by itself but based on my understanding - there is no real advantage in scaling-in except for the mental satisfaction of losing less(purportedly losing less) but law of averages would infamously catch up with scaling-in as well. But, if one goes to the bottom-line to understand the parameters, it all comes down to how much we can earn from a strategy(in terms of returns) and how much we are willing to lose (max DD) to attain that average returns.

Without going into further details, i can assure you that all-in is much better in terms of returns(w.r.t risk) but if one needs psychological comfort, scaling-in would suit them. So, it all boils down to individual's preference (maximum retruns w.r.t risk vs psychological comfort). There is nothing right or wrong but there is no empirical evidence favoring scaling-in except for the mental comfort. If we talk about returns/utilising our capital optimally, then all-in is much better.

There was a post that talks about scaling-out vs all-out(exit MM is more important that entry MM in my opinion). Thought of posting it here again.

http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/general-trading-chat.96368/page-4408#post-1175135
sir, thanks for explanation on this topic of scaling vs all in ...:):)

Last edited:

XRAY27

Scaling-in vs all-in

Does it mean increasing your position step ladder wise vs taking full position at the first entry itself?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
yes !!!

manojborle

BNF will be bullish only above 24638 and bearish below 24349, in between mauja hi mauja :D:D:D.
As said it was bearish move below 24349 and I have also said previously its in range of 23882-25105 and the freak low of 23915 was marginally above it. ;)