General Trading Chat

Dear traders and senior pros,

Need your views/opinion on the below:
I trade vedl daily, I have a fixed target of inr 5, on Friday the stock moved 9-10 rupees from my entry and on Thursady it moved 7-8, I was out with a meagre gain of 5, so I am missing 40% of the total move. Is there any good exit method to garner lions share of the move, post one entry. Also vedl is very volatile stock TSL method hasn't helped me much in the past

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

What's your success rate with 5Rs. target ? If more than 50% and making decent profit, carry on, don't change it.
Dear traders and senior pros,

Need your views/opinion on the below:
I trade vedl daily, I have a fixed target of inr 5, on Friday the stock moved 9-10 rupees from my entry and on Thursady it moved 7-8, I was out with a meagre gain of 5, so I am missing 40% of the total move. Is there any good exit method to garner lions share of the move, post one entry. Also vedl is very volatile stock TSL method hasn't helped me much in the past

What's your success rate with 5Rs. target ? If more than 50% and making decent profit, carry on, don't change it.
5 inr is max I make usually it ranges from 1 to 3 inr. Yesterday for example I felt very bad when after my exit with a gain of 5 points stock rose further by 4 more points....

5 inr is max I make usually it ranges from 1 to 3 inr. Yesterday for example I felt very bad when after my exit with a gain of 5 points stock rose further by 4 more points....

if you are making 1-3Rs. consistently, it's very good. Instead of trying to increase the target, try increasing quantity. The result is the same either way - more profit.

Hi is there anywhere we can get IEOD 1 min or atleast 5 min data for Yesbank MAY option contracts?

Do you trade DJI also? or just monitor it for the sake of its effect on Indian markets.

Vivek
No, I dont think if anyone can trade DJI from India, in realtime, with Rupee payment.

I monitor DJIA for 2 reasons

The major one is to practice my visual analysis in real time. Because during market hours I do not have enough time to analyse it properly and moreover while analysing our markets I may be (fairly) biased towards my positions and may try to overlook slight movement of other side. But as I do not have any position in US market, I try to analyse it fairly unbiased. Moreover, I have a feel that US markets are not as manipulated as our markets.

And secondly, closing of US markets give a fair idea (not necessary always) of next day open of our markets and I may make my plan accordingly.

Last edited:

Blackhole

did zerodha made anybody rich yesterday........imagine a situation where someone buy many lots of 22800 or 22900 @ say 2-5 or 10 rs and his/her platform dies....as usual all the communication died and when all sorted out fellow become crorepati..instead of roadpati.:D:D):rofl::clapping:;)
But if the markets would have closed before the sorting then this could have happened also ..:p

http://www.traderji.com/general-chit-chat/98792-day-traders-lounge-452.html#post1223680
such things happen when someone buys multi lots in pennies and earns in single single rupees...difference narrows down when buy is in pennies or in single digit rupee but sell is in 3 digit rupees.....

Take it up with them....who punched the order was it their risk managenent department or some sub broker or their dealer.....I had also suffered in past in case of other broker but as it was a Account which had margins but I was not operating it frequently.. I realised it late because the account was in my wife's name and as I did not even logged in, I was not checking daily mails in that account ,and did not peruse and paid up the loss (30 K) but if I realised in 1-2 days, would have taken them to task...

The brokers have to keep a voice recording also for 6 months if they say you did the trade in call and trade....ask them to produce the voice recording....

In my case in one instance with some other broker, I used call and trade and asked the operator to sell my long position....she by mistake bought instead of selling...but I had repeated the instruction 3 times explaining to her that I have a long position and I want her to sell and make my position zero....

Predictably the broker refused saying that I must have given wrong order...then I insisted that the audio recording I need to check and challenged them.....then the broker accepted their mistake and it took me 2 months to recover wrong debit on this wrong trade and they did that after I faufgt with them and closed my account and threatened them that I will take up the matter with NSE and SEBI.

Smart_trade
this is a very scary n serious issue....i had faced such issue 15 years back ...nothing worked finnaly closed the account with them...such incident repeated this time coz of bad executive in call n trade and lot huge some....again nothing worked then...since then decided to trade by own and keep track of everything.....now they use technology to screws up,,:p:

Last edited:
Today DJI
Thanda thanda, cool cool

Seems Monday should be an important day for DJI.

My view only.
somebody was saying that US market is closed on Monday :confused: .......... dont know for sure ...

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
I was expecting this. Seeing this for a decade now. The MSM Vultures luring retail traders to the ruin. And now with the power of social media, its capability increased manifold. When you see a media started publishing negative news one after another (blowing up ground reality out of proportion), please note, big money is waiting for sector to bottom out. Once that is done (without any change to ground condition, where the problem may still be there), you will see a flurry of positive news - means buying is done. Now it will go up and retails traders will first short, then short again, then one more time. Losing enough, they will think it has reversed and will starting buying, when SM does the distribution. I posted on my closed group on IT sector exact one month ago, good news will start getting publishing soon.

Make The Fool

Make them Fool once more

Keep a watch on Pharma now. It is going down. But real bad news yet to come to make the real kill, when you see that bad news coming, start accumulation, that means we are bottom.

I am a trend player. But when it comes to cash segment and sector rotation, I am the worst possible contrarian investor when I see negative news on a sector to invest(or postive news, means time to sell) .

Net Net, Go Long on IT now. And don't start bottom phising on Pharma yet, do that when more bad news follows, like western lobbying, Trump effect, FDA sanction etc.