General Trading Chat

I think that the BSE issue is about 5000 crores, while the NSE issue is supposed to be 40000 crores. Maybe that will make a difference.

But then the BSE issue was oversubscribed 51 times. Those who missed the bus with the BSE will want to ride the NSE bus.
Even with a 40000 crore IPO, it will be oversubscribed by 10/15 times minimum :lol:

Do you trade bull market also.
I seriously doubt :D
Yes, I really do. Like I did during the real bull market of 04-07. I also traded longs post Narendra bhai victory... then something struck me in between... as a facts, figure and data guy they keep telling me that this bull market is surreal, has no legs, is build on hope and Modi only... all these things converted me from neutral guy to a bearish guy. Maybe I'm ahead of time and I may prove right in the long run. Or maybe I not if economy makes a sharp recovery, earning etc shows meaningful improvements.

But yes no doubt I'm currently in predicament. I need "help" in trading tho I'm not running losses (I do make money hence have survived for so long), I need help bcos my mindset refuses to believe that bull run has indeed began. It says its a temporary upmove and I should make good of it but fears comes in the way saying your SL will get hit if you ignore the data, figures and facts!! Therefore I'm currently in highly cautious mode, however I traded heavy longs after a long time on the budget day when it became crystal clear that it's the bulls day. That is how I recovered good bit of my losses in puts. Only a genuine help is welcomed not a mean dig on me :)

Results don't matter in bull market, if stock is in uptrend, future looks OK stock will go up, try to change your name and maybe technicals will make more sense to you
Thanks, but no thanks for the suggestion. I'm happy to be a price action guy. Worked beautifully so far for me. :)

Last edited:

pratapvb

Yes, I really do. Like I did during the real bull market of 04-07. I also traded longs post Narendra bhai victory... then something struck me in between... as a facts, figure and data guy they keep telling me that this bull market is surreal, has no legs, is build on hope and Modi only... all these things converted me from neutral guy to a bearish guy. Maybe I'm ahead of time and I may prove right in the long run. Or maybe I not if economy makes a sharp recovery, earning etc shows meaningful improvements.

But yes no doubt I'm currently in predicament. I need "help" in trading tho I'm not running losses (I do make money hence have survived for so long), I need help bcos my mindset refuses to believe that bull run has indeed began. It says its a temporary upmove and I should make good of it but fears comes in the way saying your SL will get hit if you ignore the data, figures and facts!! Therefore I'm currently in highly cautious mode, however I traded heavy longs after a long time on the budget day when it became crystal clear that it's the bulls day. That is how I recovered good bit of my losses in puts. Only a genuine help is welcomed not a mean dig on me :)
First decide whether you are an investor, positional (swing) trader or intraday trader

for an intraday trader it does not matter what data says it is what the chart says.....and whether your method of looking at the chart (whatever your trading timeframe) has a positive latency will low drawdown

For a positional trader it is about catching the 2-3 or 1-2 week swings either way again it does not matter what the data says....it is what your higher TF (60, daily or whatever you use for it says)

if investor then yes you may worry when there is a long term bull or not, but then if technical trader it still can be about weekly chart / monthly charts or 50DMA, 100DMA and 200DMA what it is doing

with you being active here I presume that the 1st two are also part of your activity then forget fundamentals and go by chart .....my view :D

btw I was a bear .....but now only mild bearishness (hopefully)....tend to still take shorts easier and longs delayed a bit....but then when things work and get money in bank it helps to reduce the bias :D

If the market is going up,you should be long.You probably have a mental block on your stops getting hit. On a trend day we can catch a move with 15-20 points stoploss in Nifty. So even assuming that this uptrend is unreal, you are risking only 15-20 or max 30-40 points.Market will always discount events much earlier and market has more wisdom than all of us individuals. The growth in earnings will be seen much later and that time nifty will be at 9500 possibly.

If you remember that "dont argue with the markets,follow them....."that may help changing your mindset.

Smart_trade

pratapvb

Thanks, but no thanks for the suggestion. I'm happy to be a price action guy. Worked beautifully so far for me. :)
Maybe can change ID to MktTruth ..... neither bear or bull

anup

I think that the BSE issue is about 5000 crores, while the NSE issue is supposed to be 40000 crores. Maybe that will make a difference.

But then the BSE issue was oversubscribed 51 times. Those who missed the bus with the BSE will want to ride the NSE bus.
You are right TP bhai. But do you have any idea on when it might be up for IPO. I tried to dig in net but did not get any useful info.