General Trading Chat

I did short it on the day of trigger, but as it did not move in my direction by EOD, I exited. This is ST sir's input to exit swing if it doesnt move by EOD, may reenter next day.
In most cases in such situations the market gap opens against us next day......plus nifty was set up to go higher.This made hourly sequential in Tisco recycle.

ST

LoneWolf

guys,

Why is Nifty so sluggish for intra these days ,Any news due ?

Thinking to shift back to Crude and Silver ...
I faced the same some 6 months back, and decided to leave NIFTY for good.. There could be some days which are good for intraday but for regular intraday trader/earner there could be better options than trading NIFTY, IMO. I shifted to Equity and from my observation They give ateast 1 trend (home run) in a week, and 2 more trade-able days with 2 range days in one week. But higher STT is a worry here, but if one is consistently profitable then i dont think STT will be an issue..

guys,

Why is Nifty so sluggish for intra these days ,Any news due ?

Thinking to shift back to Crude and Silver ...
volatility has reduced this month in nifty. for wht reasons i dont know. if you are a trend trader only thn its difficult time but if you trade the ranges its fun to have low volatile mkt as tgts and stops are pretty much intact and clear. AND if your JUST TRADER then nifty is always tradable profitably.

regds,

amandeep86

I faced the same some 6 months back, and decided to leave NIFTY for good.. There could be some days which are good for intraday but for regular intraday trader/earner there could be better options than trading NIFTY, IMO. I shifted to Equity and from my observation They give ateast 1 trend (home run) in a week, and 2 more trade-able days with 2 range days in one week. But higher STT is a worry here, but if one is consistently profitable then i dont think STT will be an issue..
yes ,Thats true ,But watching multiple scripts is an issue as my timeframe is small ,and my past record says ,that when i stick to single script i perform much better rather then trading multiple .....:annoyed:

but Nifty is sucking badly these days.

LoneWolf

yes ,Thats true ,But watching multiple scripts is an issue as my timeframe is small ,and my past record says ,that when i stick to single script i perform much better rather then trading multiple .....:annoyed:

but Nifty is sucking badly these days.
Yes, trading one vs more than one is just a personal comfort label. There are many good stocks, which are intraday candidate even if u decide to just watch and trade one.. like - AXISBANK, SBIN, YESBANK from banks, TATASTEEL, HINDALCO, VEDL from metals, RELCAPITAL, LICHSGFIN from fin & service, RELIANCE from energy etc... just run through any of their's past one month intraday chart if u want to change your instrument.

amandeep86

Yes, trading one vs more than one is just a personal comfort label. There are many good stocks, which are intraday candidate even if u decide to just watch and trade one.. like - AXISBANK, SBIN, YESBANK from banks, TATASTEEL, HINDALCO, VEDL from metals, RELCAPITAL, LICHSGFIN from fin & service, RELIANCE from energy etc... just run through any of their's past one month intraday chart if u want to change your instrument.
Thanks ,i will select two scripts :thumb: