General Trading Chat

give me some good one then so I scalp :D
I sent a MSG to my USA broker if they let me trade on the Indian market (no answer yet)

I must find out if there they open a trading account to a foreigner like the one I have in USA (foreign $ account) but to me is good because I only pay $10 commission over here would cost me nearly 30 (€25) a good saving and I am not worried about the exchange because except when I opened I had to buy the $ not I leave some profit every years ...

mind it is very hard to get into something new especially stock that I never heard of before a lot researches to do there..... :thumb::D
Yes, start with Nifty futures. They are best for scalping. :)

Hi

I have a few questions.

1. For how long have you traded swing? 2 years almost
2. Did you try to find drawbacks? Yes I became lazy in booking profits as was booking prematurely. Was out of sync with market in understanding the trend.
3. How often do you change method? Never changed. My method is based on Pratap Sir, stoch method clubbing with little bit of price chart. 5 min and 1 hr chart for intraday and 1 hr and one day chart for swing.
4. How often do you make changes to a particular method? Never but sometimes I get carried away by other noises in market and turns my profit to low. Last few months were horrible and lost huge chunk of capital. So I am now in capital protection mode as swing needs bigger stops.

I asked because I my self have been doing swing trading for long time. Sometimes you make great amount of points in nifty. Sometimes it's slow. But past few months were not that bad especially past two months were very good. Gaps will be in you favor majority of times if you follow trends properly.

We also become greedy on profitable trades and book prematurely ( I still do after so long) and we tend to hold on losing position resulting in bigger losses.

We try to find reason for loss and try to rectify it. However, looking for mistakes and making changes after every trade is a bad idea as winning and losing is part of trading. Even best setups will fail at times.

Giving up system is not way out. Find mistakes and rectify them. Till then trade with smaller qty. Follow MM.

Thanks
Added my reply, thanks for your response. Could you please explain about MM or direct to any thread.

rkripal

Added my reply, thanks for your response. Could you please explain about MM or direct to any thread.
I have not followed pratap's method so can't say about that. But I believe in following price. There is not a single indicator on my chart except volume which I seldom use. In my view, best thing for swing trading would be trends, support and resistance. I have seen many good traders failing in swing trading when they only follow indicators (this is my view, never meant that indicators won't succeed. But I firmly believe that price itself is best indicator.

About MM, here is my view.

http://www.traderji.com/risk-money-...anagement-rules-you-follow-2.html#post1187676

Read this thread, there are some good posts.

VJAY

I have stopped swing trade as the volatility took a toll by gap openings and started day trade.
1. Now the challenge is gaps are opening in my earlier views which is tempting me to hold positions overnight.
2. When I see that I could have earned but have closed my positions previous day, I am feeling guilty.
How to overcome this?
in BNF swing trades never seen failure in last 5-6 years if look year by year profits...yes 1 or 2 months are worst months but it makeup in year base...
First thing to do that stick with one method (which tested) ...never away with rules,use proper MM which suits you,minor tweeks only after observing journal of last one year means never tweek within a year...My views

newuser_RK

Proves that dishonest bank officials will not be spared any more.So people trying to "thikane lagaod" the black money and corrupt officials helping them will not be spared.

Smart_trade
Most of the black money has already being converted with 12 lak h crores already coming to the banking system out of the 15 lack crores with one full month to go. Some of it is converted into gold property dollars and other assets. Indians are still fearless in keeping and converting black money. Everyone has found one way or the other to convert. I am yet to find someone parting away with his black money, plan to discontinue black money generation or not t take bribe. People stubborn in India very resistance to change will always try to mould the systems....

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

Most of the black money has already being converted with 12 lak h crores already coming to the banking system out of the 15 lack crores with one full month to go. Some of it is converted into gold property dollars and other assets. Indians are still fearless in keeping and converting black money. Everyone has found one way or the other to convert. I am yet to find someone parting away with his black money, plan to discontinue black money generation or not t take bribe. People stubborn in India very resistance to change will always try to mould the systems....
Jugaad mentality :D

Anyway, the way the things are going, we are going to be tell the world "Honey, I shrunk the economy"
:D :D

Rish

in BNF swing trades never seen failure in last 5-6 years if look year by year profits...yes 1 or 2 months are worst months but it makeup in year base...
First thing to do that stick with one method (which tested) ...never away with rules,use proper MM which suits you,minor tweeks only after observing journal of last one year means never tweek within a year...My views
:thumb::thumb::thumb: your success is following a single method with Rules !!!!! you can call it (any method) anything...but...this is true....