General Trading Chat

one more thing need to know...can i add shares in bajaj finance... i mean dont it affect my share split tax harvesting....... bought 2 shares....which became 20... now taking benefit of 18000 rs as equity loss... so my queries are:

1. i have to hold remaining 18 shares for atleast 1 year?
2. can i add shares...wont it affext tax harvesting?
3. can i sell add on shares before 1 year.....wont it affect tax harvesting?

1) 2 original shares plus 1:5 split so 10 shares you can sell now and book short term loss....same shares can be bought again tomorrow and that will be a different investment.

2) You can add shares ,that will be different investments , it wont affect tax harvesting.

3) 10 shares are bonus part...it has purchase price as zero...if you sell after 1 year, it will be tax free gains...if you sell before 1 year, you have to pay short term capital gain tax ( sell price - 0 as buy price)* 10

ST
1) 2 original shares plus 1:5 split so 10 shares you can sell now and book short term loss....same shares can be bought again tomorrow and that will be a different investment.

2) You can add shares ,that will be different investments , it wont affect tax harvesting.

3) 10 shares are bonus part...it has purchase price as zero...if you sell after 1 year, it will be tax free gains...if you sell before 1 year, you have to pay short term capital gain tax ( sell price - 0 as buy price)* 10

ST

Dont add shares today if you are selling for loss harvesting as it will get netted out with sale...we have to deliver the shares sold by actual delivery...add can be tomorrow or different account ( family members) if done today.If you have access to NSE/BSE both, you can sell on BSE and add on NSE...that wont result in netting.

ST

ST sir & others,

Post brexit (since June 24) for the next 3 months, from July to October FII net buying in each month was +ve whereas DII net buying each month was negative.

Now, since the downtrend from 8900 levels FII net buying in Oct and November(till date) is -ve while DII is +ve for the same two months. Do we have any analysis from this data.

Thanks

ST sir & others,

Post brexit (since June 24) for the next 3 months, from July to October FII net buying in each month was +ve whereas DII net buying each month was negative.

Now, since the downtrend from 8900 levels FII net buying in Oct and November(till date) is -ve while DII is +ve for the same two months. Do we have any analysis from this data.

Thanks
If you are investor, invest in 8050-8250 area...if you are a trader, trade as per short term trend...for upmove, we need NF to close and sustain above 8520.We may spend some time in 8050-8300 range.That is my analysis.

Smart_trade

ap*

Got whipsawed a bit on nifty today getting sls hit twice. Did some long term stock picking. Don't know if it's a mental block or what. Not able to bring myself to short stocks at these levels.

Hello Friends,
Can you suggest some good stocks that have corrected and have good value.

Which stocks are now inexpensive for a long term horizon.

thanks