General Trading Chat

ST sir, when buying lump sum units in mutual funds on a day of steep market fall, do we need to time it (is there any cutoff time) so as to buy at the resultant NAV after the steep fall and not on the NAV of next day?
Yes,I do all internet based transactions.The cut off time is 3:00 in the afternoon.So I wait upto 2:45 to get a good idea of where the market will close and if it is closing down,then I buy mutual fund units till 3:00 to get the NAV of that day. If the time stamp on your payment received by mutual fund is 3:01 and above, we get next days NAV.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Yes,I do all internet based transactions.The cut off time is 3:00 in the afternoon.So I wait upto 2:45 to get a good idea of where the market will close and if it is closing down,then I buy mutual fund units till 3:00 to get the NAV of that day. If the time stamp on your payment received by mutual fund is 3:01 and above, we get next days NAV.

Smart_trade
Thanks sir, one more thing, the SIP I have started is scheduled to buy on 28th of every month, can the next buying be pre-poned or altered?

Thanks sir, one more thing, the SIP I have started is scheduled to buy on 28th of every month, can the next buying be pre-poned or altered?
No ,once you give SIP mandate,it is bought on that day only. You cannot change it.This is ok for people who don't monitor the markets closely.But as we monitor it every minute,instead of Sip mandate buying on a particular day, we can time the purchase on the day when markets are down 400-500 points.This way we get advantage over normal SIP.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
No ,once you give SIP mandate,it is bought on that day only. You cannot change it.This is ok for people who don't monitor the markets closely.But as we monitor it every minute,instead of Sip mandate buying on a particular day, we can time the purchase on the day when markets are down 400-500 points.This way we get advantage over normal SIP.

Smart_trade
OK, in that case I can add via lump sum in a conducive market condition, and let the SIP to do its thing.

VJAY

Smart_trade
SD da you do transactions through broker terminal or direct particular fund site?

SD da you do transactions through broker terminal or direct particular fund site?
I do transaction direct on 6-7 mutual funds sites on which I am registered for Internet transactions. I don't go through broker and that saves brokerage which is payable to the broker. It is under direct scheme/plan.

ST