General Trading Chat

please note the fact that bank nifty spot and bank nifty futures are both different . expiry is based on spot
Thanks bro. I know this fact but forgot for weekly options, so the confusion. Actually during monthly expiry, the values of BN and BNF are close by, so we wont make any differentiation but for weekly expiries we have to check the difference.

princy01

one of my Friend's friend , is doing something weird in trading , he does option writing on expiry day only , capital is 20 lac he gets intraday limit of selling about 60 or 70 k or 800-900 lots slowly not in one go ,nifty options , he only writes naked options and doesnt hedge them but keeps wide stop loss , since the start of weekly bank nifty options , he traded it also but in less qty . 8000 only .he told me his numbers

he never made a loss in last 5 expiries including weekly ones , these are his profits per expiry as on dates .

26th may -90000 (nifty)

2 jun -3500 (bank nifty)

9 jun -19000(bank nifty)

16 jun -67000(bank nifty)

23 jun -45000(bank nifty)

30 jun -170000 (nifty)

total =394500 RS

my question is he is making money and probably knows what he is doing , can we try to do that also ? is it a good idea ? he keeps stops for sure around 2 or 3 lacs in nifty options and 1.5 lacs on bank nifty

he says he can do it but will not advise me trying doing it .he watches trends and shorts only going down to zero option on expiry day.

any views please .

regards
Today the trader made 120000 rupees, tax and charges to be deducted. This is his highest banknifty weekly options gain yet all in one day, I am eager to learn but it's very hard because of naked selling

Verde

Today the trader made 120000 rupees, tax and charges to be deducted. This is his highest banknifty weekly options gain yet all in one day, I am eager to learn but it's very hard because of naked selling
the weekly range for nifty is 81 and bank nifty is 156. this is the smallest weekly range this year.
for option sellers it is a jackpot