General Trading Chat

Fundootrader

Swing Already short below 7740-45....

Smart_trade
Sir still trying to understand the final piece - what made a swing trader go short below 7740 - Even the OI chain shows support at 7500 level as base

May be I'm getting confused with recent swing trade distorting my definition of swing to be 300-400 points and while the level you mentioned to go short for swing is targeting 100-150 points ?

What would be ideal definition for swing - 200 points ?

Also had it not been Combo/Sequential indicator yesterday - would as swing trader you would have still taken swing short trade - And if yes, why not take the same trade 2/3 days back while we were in similar zone

XRAY27

Matching days with event risk,,reduced my traded qty size to half for intraday looking good as if now...Thanks to every body who helped me to get into swing along with intra...

Specially ST and Pratap ji needs special thanks for helping me to adjust my time scale for swing..

Sir still trying to understand the final piece - what made a swing trader go short below 7740 - Even the OI chain shows support at 7500 level as base

May be I'm getting confused with recent swing trade distorting my definition of swing to be 300-400 points and while the level you mentioned to go short for swing is targeting 100-150 points ?

What would be ideal definition for swing - 200 points ?

Also had it not been Combo/Sequential indicator yesterday - would as swing trader you would have still taken swing short trade - And if yes, why not take the same trade 2/3 days back while we were in similar zone
My trade levels will be same irrespective of whether swing gives 100,200,300 or 500 points. In swing min profit 100 points but it could be 500 or 700 points also..we book only on reversal.

Combo gave one more reason to take a trade.But every swing combo may not give signal. On swing 3-4 days back there was a signal to go short ( below 7757 ) but soon market closed above that negating the signal ...so one needs to get out of short trade. This signal also we dont know if it works...if it does not, then we will try the next signal.

Smart_trade

Fundootrader

My trade levels will be same irrespective of whether swing gives 100,200,300 or 500 points. In swing min profit 100 points but it could be 500 or 700 points also..we book only on reversal.

Combo gave one more reason to take a trade.But every swing combo may not give signal. On swing 3-4 days back there was a signal to go short ( below 7757 ) but soon market closed above that negating the signal ...so one needs to get out of short trade. This signal also we dont know if it works...if it does not, then we will try the next signal.

Smart_trade
Thanks for all the wisdom on swing trading shared so far - Three key ingredients that I learnt for being successful in swing trading from you

a) Patience - Let it flow - keep profits running when in trade and patience to enter trade on specific level - it always gives fruits juicy ones
b) Exit quickly if wrong - Taking small losses quickly - reenter when clear signals
c) Go with flow - Don't think this level cannot be broken - both for support/resistance - go with flow

I'm able to do b) right now, as well as reaching maturity levels on a), but weak on c) - which leads to holding banana's for long time and missing the flow

Sincere thanks to you ST da

Fundootrader

Matching days with event risk,,reduced my traded qty size to half for intraday looking good as if now...Thanks to every body who helped me to get into swing along with intra...

Specially ST and Pratap ji needs special thanks for helping me to adjust my time scale for swing..
What system you follow - or adjusted time scale for swing