General Trading Chat

This amount of Rs 7 Lacs is a small change for top class analyst/fund manager. Most of them make much more than that.

As per Sebi , the assets under management of discretionary portfolio management service have doubled in the last one year to Rs 40,000 crore, and continues to grow at a fast clip. They charge fixed charges and performance related fees to their clients. Even assuming 5% ( 2 % fixed +3% performance relared) fees, the total fees which PMS generates is 2000 Cr per annum and 8-10 leading portfolio managers share the maximum amount from that.That comes to 150-200 Cr per annum.

In addition they have mutual funds ( like Ramdeo Agrawal or Late Parag Parekh) ,research service , news letters etc and that explains why these people dont trade.They concentrate on managing the portfolios well and that is pretty rewarding.

We as traders and investors should use the research for our benefit. As individuals we cannot do in-depth research like Motilal Oswal...but we can always pay for that research ( or use free stuff we get at many places ) and make money on it.

Smart_trade
ST bro

But I believe this 7 lac per month job is what drives their next 10 lac per month trading call, news letter service, if they were not on tv not much people subscribe to their services, as jo dikhta hai wo bikta hai.

The channel keeps them on studio for almost all day, atleast Sukhani as the day he comes on tv he makes 2 or 3 appearance that day.........

About gujral, he is actually star like man the tv satellite van goes to his office /home, he does not go to studio and he is paid 19 lac compared to 7 lac to Sukhani.

Gujral is more famous and manages fund upto 100 crores on pms, Sukhani does not have pms type service. Gujral is also a broker for many years so that's additional.

Truth is people have imagination that all analyst coming on tv are magical

I am giving my opinion.

If a trader is novice/struggling to make profit, should not hear about the TV analyst/any other analysts, Once he become profitable and consistent. He can try to use any research/ideas from other analysts.

Its the difference like Child/Matured Person handling the fire/knife.

ST's objective is we cant do Day trading / Futures trading thoughout the life. so we need to work towards longterm investments.

Vipul_84

Smart Trade sir,
Can you give us more info on which all systems are profitable for Nifty swing trading? I am currently studying pivots system and 8-21 two TF cross over. Can these be used for swing trading? What should be TF for these systems in case of Swing?
Sorry , saw this post just now.Yes above 7790 my swing system is long.Most other systems also must be long today. Sukhani in his swing trades also recommended to go long in the morning.

Smart_trade

He gets paid heftilly on channels, even Sukhani

You want to know what they get?

You will be shocked

Sukhani is paid 7 lacs per month for his appearance on cnbc......... Any guess on gujral?

19 lacs per month from ET now .............. You read it right.

Just for their views and appearance
Was searching to validate these figures when google devta threw in following link (Not sure of originality/validity of website , but had similar figures)
http://vridhi.co.in/2010/12/09/technical-analysts-pay-packages/

Seems we should stop trading and try to be analysts on these channels - and use money earned for investments :)

is there any legal way to post straight calls ?
Thrill is missing due to SEBI regulations. I feel appreciated when my tgt hits.

Sl and tgt how to post it (following TJ rules.). I have already received TJ warning due to some posts.

I don't want followers. I am not a paid call service. whatever I have learnt.. is from TJ.

knowledge what I have GAINED FROM TJ, how to share it >how to share a trade ?

can any one answer? Is there any way >?

mohan.sic

Sl and tgt how to post it (following TJ rules.). I have already received TJ warning due to some posts.

I don't want followers. I am not a paid call service. whatever I have learnt.. is from TJ.

I am not sure but i think we can share the info without using the terms like Buy/Sell. Dont recommend to trade..

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
He gets paid heftilly on channels, even Sukhani

You want to know what they get?

You will be shocked

Sukhani is paid 7 lacs per month for his appearance on cnbc.........
Only 7 lakh per month. :lol:
Now I understand why good traders don't appear on such time wasting TV shows and don't care about their views. They certainly earn much more than 7 lakh pm from trading. :thumb: :D

I think there is nothing objectionable in posting charts showing the possible targets + stoploss and the reasoning behind it. Also, as a review, there would be nothing wrong in posting the follow-up when the target/stoploss hit.