General Trading Chat

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Tried a last ball sixer today.

Let's calculate. 12 lots DLF, 2 lots Leyland, 1 lot BOB, 2 lots Union Bank - Total 17 lots, right ? The costs at max Rs. 160 per lot should be around Rs. 2720, right ? So the net profit should be around Rs. 4900, right ? Any miscalculation there ??

Anyway, last ball sixer because this was yesterday's position.

The expenses can't be Rs. 3300, can they ?

Anyway, the ball is with the third umpire and it's "Decision Pending" till the evening reports come in.
congratulations , seems you have won your brokerage back :clapping:
my 60 day Ch also ending on 9 dec , 15-18k brokerage.

Blackhole

congratulations , seems you have won your brokerage back :clapping:
my 60 day Ch also ending on 9 dec , 15-18k brokerage.
eee sab ka hai?????

hum kali hi kahi par padha honn....NO Stock futures / No BNF ...ONLY Nifty....cheating hai...cheating :lol:

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
- GDP 7.4 % (estimates 7.3)

- Manufacturing sector grew by 9.3 per cent in the September quarter as compared to 7.9 per cent in the same quarter last year. According to India Ratings & Research, manufacturing growth was highest in 12 quarters

- Fiscal deficit in the first seven months of the current fiscal reached Rs 4.11 lakh crore, or 74 per cent. The fiscal situation in April-Oct showed improvement over the year ago period as the deficit then stood at 89.6% of the Budget Estimate

XRAY27

How To Survive Your First Year(s) As A Trader

Details of complete article
h t t ps://www.edgewonk.com/how-to-survive-your-first-years-as-a-trader/

Today was just buy every minor pivot high break as the market was strong right from the beginning on charts and on advance decline.

Smart_trade
@ ST sir:
This is with reference to your reply on 19 th Nov. Am posting the chart for that day.(Its dec series). There was a big fall on the previous day and trend on 15 min was clear down. The gap up on 19th also didnt change the trend. According to the way i identify pivots, the trend was going to change to UP only above previous day's high. So in such situation, trading with the trend would mean look for shorting. Even when the first sideways on 3 min formed, my bias would have been to short it. I would be taking this gap and rise as pullback in DT and waiting to short the mpl. So how and at what point do you decide to go long when the HTF trend is down?

Last edited:
@ ST sir:
This is with reference to your reply on 19 th Nov. Am posting the chart for that day.(Its dec series). There was a big fall on the previous day and trend on 15 min was clear down. The gap up on 19th also didnt change the trend. According to the way i identify pivots, the trend was going to change to UP only above previous day's high. So in such situation, trading with the trend would mean look for shorting. Even when the first sideways on 3 min formed, my bias would have been to short it. I would be taking this gap and rise as pullback in DT and waiting to short the mpl. So how and at what point do you decide to go long when the HTF trend is down?

If one waits for trend to change on higher timeframe,then obviously one will miss the entire move. Better to go on VPL/VPH on the same 3 min timeframes.

Market the earlier day was in a visual downtrend and on 19th it opened with a gap and at the opening itself it was above the last VPH giving indication that visual trend is likely changing atleast for some time. After opening for 21 bars the market was consolidating but the bears were unable to pull it down and break even a small minor pivot....and it made a range in this accumalation and on 22nd bar on your chart there was an upward breakout of the range confirming that the trend has changed and it trended up till the end....so after that 22nd candle ( 3 min candles I suppose) one should ferget the short bias and trade from long side.

Smart_trade

Subhadip

If one waits for trend to change on higher timeframe,then obviously one will miss the entire move. Better to go on VPL/VPH on the same 3 min timeframes.

Market the earlier day was in a visual downtrend and on 19th it opened with a gap and at the opening itself it was above the last VPH giving indication that visual trend is likely changing atleast for some time. After opening for 21 bars the market was consolidating but the bears were unable to pull it down and break even a small minor pivot....and it made a range in this accumalation and on 22nd bar on your chart there was an upward breakout of the range confirming that the trend has changed and it trended up till the end....so after that 22nd candle ( 3 min candles I suppose) one should ferget the short bias and trade from long side.

Smart_trade
Thanks sir

The method which Subhadip explained in his pivot thread does not require us to see the higher timeframe as the higher timeframe is in-built in VPH/VPL. The earliest indication of a trend change is taking out of VPH and/or a pivot above the ERL, all in our trading timeframe either 3 min or 5 min.

Smart_trade

We saw big sudden fall in ashok leyland today. I could see one SELL block deal of fifty lakh shares at an average price of 94.42 by Blackrock. I could see one BUY block deal of 4 crore shares at an average price of 95.27 again from Blackrock. Here buy price and quantity is more than sell price. Here, are they trying to create panic by selling large number of shares first and later trying to buy in very huge quantity? It will be great if seniors can explain it.

Thanks,
Vinay