General Trading Chat

Tlahuicole

Please reply this.It lost in many posts.
Eku, what is your max SL per trade for you, if suppose your NF max sl per trade is 25 points, and NF trades 25 units per lot then you need to have atleast (max sl * lot size * 100) to reach at a comfortable principal to trade, so it will be around 62500 per lot, this is one of the ways to derive at the capital allocation per trade per instrument, there are many, but I use this one. my Max SL per trade for NF is 20, so I trade one lot per 50000 in business capital. If Nifty becomes 100 units per lot, then I would be using 20 * 100 * 100 which is 200000 per lot. I use this method, which one of professional nymex future trader thought me, please be open to valuable suggestion from others, but consider this too. This rule can be applied to all lot sizes.

Yesterday was the buy signalled at the break of xx50 nf levels or even before that? Did you mange a fill or was there huge slippage. Any one and all please answer if time permits.

Originally Posted by eku View Post
Smart Dada and Friends-

For Tatasteel Fut,I used to use 1L for 1 lot=500.
Then the lot size increased to 1000,still I kept the same amount.

Tatasteel’s lot size is now going to be 1875,so my query is,how much amount should one consider to trade 1 lot?

Also how much for NF?
Simply put your question in google "How to Determine Lot Size for Trading ?"

In simple words, your sl should not be more than 1% of your capital- for intraday. Remember, sl should(must) be decide by your system, Dont shrink to meet 1% math :lol:

IF its 7points,then 7*25*100=17500rs only per lot? :confused:
Yes, if your system's sl is 7 points then 17500 is enough. But if you have only 17500rs in your account and your system gives 8 point sl, you should not trade :)

Tlahuicole

IF its 7points,then 7*25*100=17500rs only per lot? :confused:
Eku, this is how they do in a prop firm to allocate buying power, so if your max sl is 7 points now, yes you can trade one lot for 17500 rs, but if lot size becomes 75, we need to change accordingly and trade one lot with 52500 rs.

Let me know if any doubts.

Please reply this.It lost in many posts.
You have to decide the capital necessary ( don't confuse it with margin to be kept with your broker,these two are different.) Your loss per trade should never be more than 2 % of your capital in daytrading ( many successful traders trade with much less % of say 1 % or less in daytrades) because for them consistant profits is much more important than lots of profits ( and lots of losses also) .Work backwards and find the capital you need for trading increased lot size.

With high leverage, one will make impressive profits but in loosing period trading account will deplete very fast making it extremely difficult to rise back from the losses.

Smart_trade

Yesterday was the buy signalled at the break of xx50 nf levels or even before that? Did you mange a fill or was there huge slippage. Any one and all please answer if time permits.
Sir, are you asking this question based on any particular method ? Different method will give signals at different level and all of them are right w.r.t the method traded. if your method gave you signal at xx50 does not mean it was wrong.