General Trading Chat

Jai Mata Di

That 2:30 pm snakes don't came today. :annoyed:

That snake may come early hour of tommorow bcoz Bollinger Bands Squeezed for too long. :lol:
Market usually fraustrate traders before giving sudden big move. :p

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.
H.C.

nirav_j

What, no trade? Why not? I worked late till 3 am. Woke up at around 10. Turned on the computer while having breakfast. Saw nifty struggling at my yesterday's intended target of 44. Saw the chart for a minute or two, checked the OI and sold with SL of 11 points. Covered 32 points down. Trade done. Now having another round of coffee while nifty is busy eating up both CE and PE! :)
Hi,

Could you please quantify the OI numbers which helped you make a decision to short at the days high ... Also the rationale behind covering at 32 points ..

You almost sold the high and bought the low ! :thumb:
Sounds like a perfect method for trading .. :D

Regards.

sudoku1

Shareholders last 8 saal se bheek mang rahe hai....no increase in value....

Smart_trade
Its totally wrong 2 blame a company as a whole fr d underperformance while ignoring d full picture wch in dis case is d OIL n GAS sector.
Just consider d fact dat d BSE OIL n GAS index touched a high of around 14000 in d yer 2008 while currently its quoting at around 9500. Even other biggies like ONGC,CAIRN,OIL,GAIL,PETRONET etc r in line wid RIL.Its only bcoz d stock was a glamour game of ystr years dat one tends 2 focus solely on its vulnerability compared 2 its peers while though its a matter of concern fr nt rewarding its shareholders.

These people are very studied,respected and highly paid money managers. They wont give the interview for timepass.They have also shown their expertise by results (Some of them have given better performance than Warren Buffet in % appreciation of funds).

Charts of course are our guide but we should know what is happening on larger canvass also if we really have to make big money...else we will remain 10 points made here and 10 points lost there kind of traders.The reasons which Ridham Desai and Nilesh Shah gave for optimism are very valid.They meet various FIIs and foreign investors so they have wider perspective than us and we should take advantage of that.

Smart_trade
Thanks to ST da's emphasis I saw the episode "Chai Garam Hai" yesterday on Youtube.

I must say the fundamental points highlighted by the panellists were worth noticing. Ridham also mentioned about the order books of companies and said that we'll see the results about it in 3-6 months. They mentioned that the MAT issue has been resolved, though it was handled a bit inappropriately. But the conviction with which Ridham Desai and Nilesh Shah spoke about Nifty at 8000 being an superb buying opportunity definitely gives confidence of holding longs in one's portfolio.

PS: I'm not sayings charts are not our guide however having such additional knowledge does no harm to a trader :)

Its totally wrong 2 blame a company as a whole fr d underperformance while ignoring d full picture wch in dis case is d OIL n GAS sector.
Just consider d fact dat d BSE OIL n GAS index touched a high of around 14000 in d yer 2008 while currently its quoting at around 9500. Even other biggies like ONGC,CAIRN,OIL,GAIL,PETRONET etc r in line wid RIL.Its only bcoz d stock was a glamour game of ystr years dat one tends 2 focus solely on its vulnerability compared 2 its peers while though its a matter of concern fr nt rewarding its shareholders.
We are investors and when the company does not perform for years, we instead of sympathising with the sector it is in etc...we vote with our feet that means we get out of that company and move to other companies which are performing in the market....that is what we are supposed to do....

I had a large chunk of RIL shares few thousand shares...but shifted from RIL to TCS,Asian Paints...axis bank....which outperformed the index.

Smart_trade

Jai Mata Di

d snakes r active on SGX these days:D
NSE-BSE must think of increasing market time to at least 5PM.
When Currency Derivatives market of NSE-BSE is open till 5PM. That is not a big problem for them to extend it upto 5.
Actually some lazy fund managers & big old brokers loby preventing it.

For summer time 3:30PM is too much early to close the shutters down for equity market. Is not it? Still very much energy left for trading.. :D

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.
H.C.