General Trading Chat

lemondew

As someone said any system need to be refined for rewards and dealing with different situations. Over time you add your rules and customize it for yourself. Just like carpenter takes plywood from market and does various work on it to make final furniture untill then its only wood.

So I guess no one here is going to do serious trade on any new systems. I doubt if the regulars here are also looking for systems. I am not even talking about targets/SL and so on. if someone posts the same it only becomes a discussion as its human nature to discuss other than that I doubt anybody is going to trade on targets posted here.

amit,

specifically to you nothing to sound impolite and not specifically supporting anyone. I ve been talking with you in threads since long and your threads are so good. if someone says hes done well in markets why should it be boasting. Its good that one of our peers are doing well.

St Sir

I totally agree with you on this.Just wanted to highlight that true learning is not in posting little targets and boasting about them.

Earlier many such members like a1b1trader,umesh,etc tried doing this and ultimately went so arrogant that they thought the market followed their timetable.They even went to the extent of criticizing other people's view points and methods.Ultimately they were banned.

The real intention was to discourage boasting about targets being achieved every now and then ,without proving any valuable addition.
I have no intention of understanding such person's system.I am happy with my own system.

Apologies if I sound rude in this post,but that is the truth.I am sure I have not violated any rules of the forum in this post.
Good Amit....there are many tipsters frequenting our forum giving tips, targets,predictions and the new traders fall for such baits. Professional traders need no such mumbo jumbo for making money on trading....

This thread is mostly of experienced traders and we should discourage any attempts as tipsters are not here to share anything....they have different motives and this thread atleast should not encourage these people and their subtle attempts.We are determined to break them with heavy hand we have demonstrated that in past.

Best wishes,

Smart_trade

amitrandive

As someone said any system need to be refined for rewards and dealing with different situations. Over time you add your rules and customize it for yourself. Just like carpenter takes plywood from market and does various work on it to make final furniture untill then its only wood.

So I guess no one here is going to do serious trade on any new systems. I doubt if the regulars here are also looking for systems. I am not even talking about targets/SL and so on. if someone posts the same it only becomes a discussion as its human nature to discuss other than that I doubt anybody is going to trade on targets posted here.

amit,

specifically to you nothing to sound impolite and not specifically supporting anyone. I ve been talking with you in threads since long and your threads are so good. if someone says hes done well in markets why should it be boasting. Its good that one of our peers are doing well.
Lemondew

I am not against anyone doing good.In fact if you have read all my threads I have been encouraging all and myself too.

A forum is a place where we all come together to learn,share,appreciate grow together as a team.
The part where is it goes wrong is what I have highlighted in my earlier post.
There is a very fine thin line between confidence/overconfidence and arrogance.

Trading is a lonely business , and very often we need support of each other,sometimes as fun ,sometimes just to have somebody listen to our professional frustrations/stress,etc

Last edited:
if someone says hes done well in markets why should it be boasting. Its good that one of our peers are doing well.

If one of our peers is doing well....all our good wishes and let him make all the wealth in the world....but when someone boasts targets and talks about silencing his critics, it has different purpose. Why should someone silence his critics ? What does he gain out of that ?? He can silently trade and make all the money....:D Plus he is violating recent SEBI/forum rule.

Smart_trade

If you are using this line to prove your analytical and target giving abilities, you are warned that you are violating the forum rules and such violations will not be taken too kindly.....

Smart_trade
Nothing to prove
This was in reply to a member who was more interested in, what I eat in my breakfast and was suggesting that I should eat 2 samosas with green chutney in my breakfast

oilman5

i dont understand the skilled or novices- its till 10pm, i am searching/understanding fine prints in the budget , to resuffle portfolio , also to add further money in 6month hold trade, immidiate one week wonder, i dont find ,may be sunday - i shall search ,- little price based accumulation completed in FT. but 5%only move only possible ,infact direction of nifty is still not deciphered by me.
Good to see ,young have so much calibre to solve it and spend time here.

oilman5

i dont understand the skilled or novices- its till 10pm, i am searching/understanding fine prints in the budget , to resuffle portfolio , also to add further money in 6month hold trade, immidiate one week wonder, i dont find ,may be sunday - i shall search ,- little price based accumulation completed in FT. but 5%only move only possible ,infact direction of nifty is still not deciphered by me.
Good to see ,young have so much calibre to solve it and spend time here.

Market condition may change as BUILD UP- expectation is less now.
Any trading idea must be inbuilt system with simplicity, but being versatile trader with both TREND as well as COUNTERTREND, i have switch different entry logic.
HOW i know which one to do NOW ? -its only by telling from market - if i book profit early , price moving further = trend direction exists.
Similarly i enter , my stop gets hit= so trend termination is happening ,another 2 similar loss , YES market condition(sentiment ) has changed , so counter trend now i have to apply to make money.
Another rule i use - LET MONEY FLOW , show what direction to join, till now being confused =sit idle and sell holding.

bye bye

Hi everyone,

I'm an investor only. My hope is that Nifty will rise up to 9500 in the March series. Banking stocks have started an uptrend and hope that infra, IT, Pharma, will join them in the coming days.

lemondew

For a middle class guy when a relative/someone asks what you do and you tell them you are a stock trader or simply tell them you do money management.

The first thing they will do is they will smile mockingly and then warn you. They will then tell how stock market trading has caused them terrible loss after which they never trade. Then say how foolish trading job is.

One of my friend even told me a story. He had a friend who used to trade and he lost 5 lacs trading. Then he inherited a lot of money in excess of 1 crore and a lot of stocks too. The first thing he did was sell off all the stocks and then put it in FD. Then he took a job in a stationary shop for only 15000Rs. He doesnt work for money since he gets manageable returns but for some activity. So any job is best but how risky trading is.

For a guy who trades and who does it reasonably well is it wrong if he feels he needs to silence his critics. I know it never matters what anyone feels but many times I am sure even you feel irritated. Or has no one ever come across something like this.