General Trading Chat

Is this a paradox ?

Will investors continue to redeem from equity funds?
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...inue-to-redeem-from-equity-funds-6204481.html

The month of November 2020 saw highest-ever outflows from equity funds (Rs 12,917 crore; net outflows). Equity net outflows have continued since July, 2020. Experts say it is because investors are seeing schemes NAVs recover and are taking money off the table

I didnt get the message .. BN 30K is at par with what.. the whole day has been bearish so far :)
1607595077363.png

The price is where it should be vis-a-vis the underlying. Banknifty spot is at 30359 and 30000 CE is at 359, so there is no premium. That is at par.

Anyway, I was badly off the mark. It is not a sure indicator. The option dipped to 216 before taking off to 500+. I should've waited for some more indicators for confirmation. I traded 30100 CE and lost about 65 pts. in the dip around 1:30pm

Nish

Anyway, I was badly off the mark. It is not a sure indicator. The option dipped to 216 before taking off to 500+. I should've waited for some more indicators for confirmation. I traded 30100 CE and lost about 65 pts. in the dip around 1:30pm
On lighter note:
A RETAILER and his money are soon parted.. - including my-self !
:)

travi

View attachment 45045

The price is where it should be vis-a-vis the underlying. Banknifty spot is at 30359 and 30000 CE is at 359, so there is no premium. That is at par.

when i traded options directionally, i used to trade the SPOT instead of charting the CE/PE.
Then we execute at whatever rate we get.

when i traded options directionally, i used to trade the SPOT instead of charting the CE/PE.
Then we execute at whatever rate we get.
I know. I was watching the spot prices for the Banknifty. The hindsight now gives a different perspective. But at that time, it looked as if the downside was done and that it was on the way to make new highs. The RSI too had just crossed 50 from below, and looked as if it would proceed to 70+. But the fellow just turned down midway :(

1607783682480.png

Looking back, I think that my mistake was not exiting the trade fast, because it was close to Europe opening, which is a volatile time. Anyway, that time it was a panic exit, and fear put a curtain over the fact that the CE didn't gather any serious premium on the way down.

The LOD was 30202, and for 30100 CE the LOD was 137.5, so a premium of about 35 pts on expiry day is insignificant. I exited at 158